Start-Up of the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
Is anyone else disappointed with the lack-lusterness of the iPhone's start-up. For $600, I believe it should have some awesome video that tells you that you own one of the coolest phones in the world, then it should shoot fireworks in the air, then do acrobatic effects, explode, then reassemble itself. Just a thought...maybe for the next update...;)

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Even if it did, you'd only see it for a few seconds!:laugh2: Then people would complain that startup takes to long. Hmm..maybe sometimes less is more. I'm more concerned about what it does once it starts up!:laugh2:

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
My point was that there be some kind of little jingle/chime...or even play the opening of the mac computers...and it is nit like this would happen everytime you go to use the phone, just when you turn it on...

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I know what you're saying. But, you'd still only hear it for a few seconds. If you hardly ever do any resets, you'd never hear it. :) I'm more focused on what the phone does once it starts up. But, hey to each's own I guess. With all the modding going on, we might be able to change it one day!

Wangmaster

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Startups are supposed to be blazing fast! Thats the part to boast about! When friends startup my imac, it gets to the desktop 12 seconds after pressing the power button. I have other friends that have their computer startup way faster and that's what's impressive! The iPhone should startup asap so it shows that it's a fast OS.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I understand and kinda agree with what the OP said but I think princess has a a good point about people complaining about a slow start up. I am personally happy it doesn't say the crap that the razr said wen started up about being safe and curtious and what not. Just turn on so I can make a call and drive around without paying attention ;)

And I think the fireworks might cause a fire hazard in doors...

kcarr91

Bronze
Apr 14, 2007
like the annoying motorola one at start up or when someone turns off a phone in a quiet place so it does not ring and then you hear music that tells you that it is shutting down

thank god iPhone cuts right to the chase i love it (the 3-4 times i have turned it off)

mike3141

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Sure--you can have the ultimate start-up--

I have just one question though--

How much of your limited flash memory are you willing to give up just for a little eye candy?

Personally, I'll take the conservative start-up that leaves me more memory for _my_ stuff....

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Sure--you can have the ultimate start-up--

I have just one question though--

How much of your limited flash memory are you willing to give up just for a little eye candy?

Personally, I'll take the conservative start-up that leaves me more memory for _my_ stuff....
I totally agree with that. Having more memory is way more crucial