Start up problem

FirstIphone

Bronze
Dec 8, 2008
Littlestown, PA
I have had mine for a couple months now and never any problems. Until now.
I power it down every night and back up every morning. Over the past week I have had something weird happen when powering it up in the morning. It has happened 3 times now. Instead of the home screen coming up I get a screen that says connect to iTunes and it shows a picture of plugging the phone in to iTunes. I just power the phone back down and back up and it is fine. I have of course connected to iTunes and synced and checked everything out (all appears normal) but today the problem happened again when I powered it up.

anyone seen this?
anyone know why it is doing it or what to do about it?

Thanks.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
First, you really don't need to power it down every night, just put it to sleep with the sleep button on top. The battery won't run down overnight but if you're concerned about that, plug it in. Are you jailbroken and have you installed any Apps?

FirstIphone

Bronze
Dec 8, 2008
Littlestown, PA
Yeah I know I didn't give enough info. Sorry about that.
Here it is:
not jailbroken
software 2.2
7 pages of appts
no music
lot's of video

I just power it down everynight out of years of habit of doing that with my cell phones. I guess I don't need to. Is that a possible cause of the problem?

Thanks

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Could be the cause but it's more likely one of your Apps. Not all Apps from the App Store behave well so I'd assume that's the problem and not do anything special at the end of the day. The phone will go to sleep on its own or you can plug it in to the charger overnight if you want.

FirstIphone

Bronze
Dec 8, 2008
Littlestown, PA
okay thanks!
Just wanted to make sure it was not the self destruct sequence initiating. lol