State Farm giveth, and State Farm taketh away!

iCop

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Tucson, AZ.
So a few weeks ago I was so happy. State Farm insured my iPhone for $30 per year, zero deductible. Then today I get a call from the agent saying, "were sorry, I was just informed we no longer insure cellular phones. You will remain insured until September 17th, but then we are cancelling your coverage and issuing you a refund".

What the hell do I do now? Damnit, I am so pissed. I don't feel like putting it under homeowners insurance so I can pay a $500 deductible!

Has ANYONE found a place that WILL insure ALL iPhone people? This is friggin' ridiculous!

drconehead2000

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
So a few weeks ago I was so happy. State Farm insured my iPhone for $30 per year, zero deductible. Then today I get a call from the agent saying, "were sorry, I was just informed we no longer insure cellular phones. You will remain insured until September 17th, but then we are cancelling your coverage and issuing you a refund".

What the hell do I do now? Damnit, I am so pissed. I don't feel like putting it under homeowners insurance so I can pay a $500 deductible!

Has ANYONE found a place that WILL insure ALL iPhone people? This is friggin' ridiculous!
Does your homeowner's policy not offer a personal property policy? Or some other form of "rider" that will allow you to protect the iPhone, deductible free?

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL

CRAP! The insurance agent that signed me up has been calling me and leaving messages but I haven't called her back yet.

I just thought she was bugging me because she wants me to let her quote me on my auto & home.

I HOPE IT'S NOT TO CANCEL MY INSURANCE!

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
crap i just got a policy......i guess ill wait on a call.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
You have until september to brake your phone
and all the other don't return the call
and if the end up getting hold of you
just tell them that you phone was broken that's why you couldn't receive a call and since you have me on the phone can you start my claims

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
The biggest mistake the insurance company can make is giving the policy and then taking it away. You know darn well if I get one of those phone calls, I'm going to make it worth my while!

Ooops, it was an accident!:mad:.....Now pay up!:p

Fred

listenclose

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Dude if you're covered through September then report it stolen pronto!

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
ok, so call the police. you were in a public library or something. The phone was accidentally left somewhere. You went to look for it. It was gone. You ask the librarian. No one turned it in. Call the police and get a report that it was stolen.

Fred

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
or you can say it was lost instead of stolen and avoid a police report 100%. if i get a call that they are canceling on me im filing a claim for sure.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Insurance fraud hurts everyone. What's wrong with you people?

If you commit insurance fraud in this manner, I hope your new replacement iPhone has dead pixels, horrible battery life, crashes every three minutes, has a loose black piece, and then gets stolen for real once you're no longer insured.

srspano

Jun 30, 2007

If you commit insurance fraud in this manner, I hope your new replacement iPhone has dead pixels, horrible battery life, crashes every three minutes, has a loose black piece, and then gets stolen for real once you're no longer insured.
I agree...I can't believe what I'm reading. No wonder the insurance companies are wanting to cancel everyone! I'm not trying to flame everyone, but this is what's wrong with our country today!

iCop

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Tucson, AZ.
Trust me, I have no plans to rip off the insurance company. I simply said I need to find another one because mine is dumping on me.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
just spoke w/ the State Farm Agent that wrote my policy and she did not mention anything about cancelling my policy.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Trust me, I have no plans to rip off the insurance company. I simply said I need to find another one because mine is dumping on me.
Oh, I wasn't referring to you...only the people that said they're going to file a claim for no reason.

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
when state farm rejected me they told me that they will most likely cancel iPhone policys

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
just spoke w/ the State Farm Agent that wrote my policy and she did not mention anything about cancelling my policy.
This is good new to hear brother, as our firms are in the same region!

I plan on using this when I get my iPhone.

Errk!

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007

Totally agreed. That kind of behavior helps rates go higher for honest people.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Although this sucks for some of you and possibly everyone in the future.

This seemed to good to be true. I mean you're paying $30 "a year" for a $600 phone! I wonder who sat down and realized, "damn, were gonna lose money on that deal when everyones phones start breaking or getting stolen."