State Farm Offering Insurance for iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I just emailed a local agent and hope she has info on this. Anything she gives me, I'll post if you don't post it first.

Thanks Again,

Fred

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
Well I'm in Westerville OH (suburb of Columbus) and I got coverage from my State Farm agent. Altho I may need to check further as I had to pay $39.00 for a year of coverage. My agent also said that if I have a claim they probably wouldn't renew my policy? Wam Bam! :mad: I thought that was what insurance was for?

n_kat

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Oregon Coast
According to this article:

http://www.illinoistimes.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid:6657

I have an email in with State Farm for more information. I hope it isn't a case of the local agent not knowing about this, though...
I have insurance through SafeCo and added my iPhone has a specific item in my policy (along with specific jewelry items, etc) for $22 a year. It's covered against any damage, theft, or any other loss. Seemed pretty reasonable to me.

TreyPound

Nov 4, 2008
I was wondering if you got coverage through safeco itself or erie insurance. Ilive in pa and am having a hard time finding coverage.

I have insurance through SafeCo and added my iPhone has a specific item in my policy (along with specific jewelry items, etc) for $22 a year. It's covered against any damage, theft, or any other loss. Seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
This thread is actually pretty old and I know that quite a few State Farm agents revoked coverage after initially offering it. I have a State Farm Personal Articles Policy on my v1 and it's about $50 a year for coverage and a $0 deductible to replace it if it's lost, stolen, broken, etc.

I would check with individual agents about their PAP coverage for iPhones.

TreyPound

Nov 4, 2008
try liberty mutual or allstate or geico I have info requested from all three companies waiting for replies liberty mutual def will cover the iPhone. State farm does not cover it I was told they do but every agent Ive called said no to insure the phone hope this helps you and others get insurance

Thanks for the info, i've been looking everywhere for insurance.

thx

Last edited by a moderator:

jpetty337

Nov 19, 2008
TX
I have State Farm and my agent told me over the phone that the iPhone could be insured. I e-mailed her s/n and pics so she could write policy. She called me the next day to apologize and advise me that State farm no longer insures the iPhone due to financial loss. She said too many claims were filed and it was no longer financially sound to insure the phone for 40 a yr/no deductible/500 dollars worth of coverage. She felt horrible but said once the policy got sent to the underwriters they informed her of the change.