Static and poor sound quality coming from iPhone speaker

Its_Me!

Oct 28, 2007
So I have noticed that my speaker sounds pretty much like crap (The bottom one, the one music is played from) when playing music. I have generally been able to ignore it, since I don't usually play my music on speaker, but I think I finally want this answered.

While that isn't unexpected since it is such a small speaker, I was wondering if everyone can agree with that. It does seem to remind me of the static that you'd hear from an old t.v.

Does your speaker have good sound quality, or is it unclear and distorted like mine? (I have in fact played around with the EQ settings, and it still sounds bad)

If I do find out that my speaker is bad, would I have to send my phone in for repairs, or would Apple just replace the phone?

ehaser

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
turn soundcheck on and the eq off for speaker use..

Then change it when you plug in your headphones..

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Apple gave me a replacement ( refurbished ) after the genius at the store listen to it. if u believe that your speaker is distorted, make an appointment and have them look at it. u have nothing to lose. Good luck.

Its_Me!

Oct 28, 2007
Sweet, I will definitely take it down there then.

Do you feel the sound quality of the new one is better than the old one?

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Yes, the replacement is doing good. i no longer need to go max when if i used the speaker for the ipod. U can listen to it at the store by using your speaker phone to test it.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
does Apple actually make phones with usable speakers or do they not exist? i don't know if its worth trying to get it replaced to get a speaker that i still cannot hear. right now i can barely hear it ring so i miss calls all the time .. thus i have to continually check it to see if i got any calls.

thabigo

Oct 23, 2007
For me it seems like the Speakers Suck on the iPhone. THe Sound is crap for music and when in a phone call the volume is really low! Are you guys experiancing the same thing.... or is this a problem that can be fixed? For the first time i used the headphones that came with the phone and it sounds a lot better, i haven't tried calling any1 with them yet.

Thanks,

BigO

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Actually my speaker phone still sucks like before. i will only give it a 3 out of 10 after the latest update( it was 2 before the update ) but believe it or not after the update my ringing volume and the ipod actually improve. i always have my phone in the pocket and i still can hear loud and clear with the vibration turn off. Now i only wish Apple will come with a better update that will fix this problem on all phones.

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Last edited by a moderator: