Static when talking into mix

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Megkins

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Static when talking into mic

Hello all!

I've learned a lot from this site so far and I'm lovin it! I've modded/hacked phones before with ease but this is a whole new ballgame. ANYWAY back to the reason for this post, when I talk on the phone there is a static type sound that the mic seems to make. The noise isn't coming from the caller, its whenever I talk. Has anyone else experienced this? I am so in love with this phone but this part sucks! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Megkins

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Does this mean no on else has experienced this?

I did a search and either I am using the wrong key words, or nothing has been posted about this before.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
hellooooo megkins ;) um i don't get the static i usually get an echo which is kinda cool yet annoying at the same time it only happens like once a day when im on the phone with lan lines usually....don't know if your getting the same thing but i get it too if that helps....no fix yet...

yes! I here static... I love this phone so far because I've only had it for 2days but I really noticed the static right when I made my first phone call... I tried lowering the volume but then I couldn't hear the other person so I guess I gotta live with the buzzing/static noise :)
I'm iuss glad its not iuss me LOL

Megkins

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
Bay Area, CA
yes! I here static... I love this phone so far because I've only had it for 2days but I really noticed the static right when I made my first phone call... I tried lowering the volume but then I couldn't hear the other person so I guess I gotta live with the buzzing/static noise :)
I'm iuss glad its not iuss me LOL
Me too! But is your static coming from the speaker up top, or is it coming from the bottom one you talk in to. The static I hear is when I am talking and it's static from my end. It's really weird.....

cdd543

Oct 1, 2007
I too have static, but mine is on the other end when I am speaking to someone. Always the first sentence and then it goes away. If you think it is a mic issue, you should swap the device for a new one.

Megkins

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I too have static, but mine is on the other end when I am speaking to someone. Always the first sentence and then it goes away. If you think it is a mic issue, you should swap the device for a new one.
Swap it? After I spent all of yesterday finally jailbreaking my phone and installing NES games, and messing with Summerboard and getting it JUST the way I want it?!?!?!?! :p LOL well I just may have too. I will look in to it. Thanks for the replies everyone!