Status bar

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Daniel_seward408, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Daniel_seward408

Bronze

Morning from the sunny UK,

I was just looking around to find out if I'm going to get booted off here for writing about jailbreaking but I can't see it anywhere so here goes. Since I jailbreaked my iPhone 4 with redsn0w I get a few more icons in the status bar, sometimes they push each other about and it's doing my nut in. I've used a status bar cleaner but it only took away the stock icons.

Does anyone have the same problem and can they be turned off?

Cheers
    Dan

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Discussing jailbreaking is fine, but the threads need to be placed in the jailbreak section. You can't see that section from the iCafe/Tapatalk apps due to Apple's restrictions. Use mobile Safari to start your threads there. I'll move this one.

Are you using a notifications app? Which one?

3. Daniel_seward408

Bronze

Cheers Europa,

The only Cydia stuff I have is Activator, Clock Hide, CyDelete, LockInfo (with licence), SBSettings and Winterboard. To be honest the icons have been there from the start before getting all those apps. Its mainly an sms bubble, email and missed call icons.

Dan

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They are from LockInfo. Check in the settings for that app and see if you can disable them.

5. Daniel_seward408

Bronze

Well, I checked LockInfo and managed to turn off the silent icon but that's about it. This is going to bug me. Does anybody else get the message bubble on there status bar?

6. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Have you tried the obvious and reading/opening any email/text to clear the status bar..?:)

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, it's part of BiteSMS (on my phone at least - yours if from LockInfo, I think). The text bubble is the only extra status bar icon that I have since I don't need a Cydia notifications app. The stock notifications system is fine with me; I don't need to enhance it.

8. Daniel_seward408

Bronze

I'm just going to uninstall all my cydia apps and start from scratch. We'll see what notifications I get in my status bar.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You don't need to uninstall all of them. Those icons are part of notification and texting apps. That's all you need to get rid of.