Stay awake on external power

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
I can't find a setting that would keep the iPhone awake when it is connected/charging.

I know I could set auto-lock to never but that would be a faff changing it all the time.

My Pocket PC phone had a stay awake on external power setting. It would be great if the iPhone had this too, maybe via an application.

drahardja

Sep 30, 2007
There is no such setting as far as I know. However, the iPhone will not turn off if it is playing a song and there is external power.

raykholo

Apr 24, 2011
It's a bit late now to be replying, but I just pulled this off with several Jailbreak packages on my iPod Touch 4G.
On Cydia, install sbsettings and Activator. Also, you will need to install the "Autolock" toggle for sbsettings.
Setup Activator to toggle that toggle when it begins to receive AC Power, and to toggle it again when it stops receiving AC Power.

Aug 1, 2011
Excuse my ignorance but... how do you "Setup Activator to toggle that toggle when it begins to receive AC Power, and to toggle it again when it stops receiving AC Power"?
I have already installed activator and autolock for sbsettings.
Thanks.

raykholo

Apr 24, 2011
Excuse my ignorance but... how do you "Setup Activator to toggle that toggle when it begins to receive AC Power, and to toggle it again when it stops receiving AC Power"?
I have already installed activator and autolock for sbsettings.
Thanks.
No worries.
Settings --> Activator --> Anywhere --> (Power) Connected --> (Scroll down to SBSettings Toggles) Autolock.

Settings --> Activator --> Anywhere --> (Power) Disconnected --> (Scroll down to SBSettings Toggles) Autolock.

Every time you plug in/ unplug you'll get a little push notification style dialog box saying "Autolock Enabled" or "Autolock Disabled."

In order to add/ remove Autolock from the SBSettings Panel.
<SBSettings Activator Gesture> --> More --> Set Toggles --> (Scroll Down to Autolock.)

The reason I recommend removing this toggle from SBSettings is so that you don't manually trip it and throw everything off. First add this toggle to SBSettings and make sure it is in the ON position when your iOS device is UNPLUGGED. Then remove the toggle from SBSettings. Everything should work now as described above.