Stay up all night and you can still get on release date from Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tpeter, Oct 7, 2011.

1. tpeter

tpeter Member
    Bronze

So i haven't slept yet and if you want you can still get off Apple.com and have shipped to you on release date.

Either they made a ton of these or they are not that popular.

2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I'm guessing the latter. What with the reaction to the announcement coupled with ATT's strict subsidization policy this year, there are bound to be many less people itching to get this model.

I was going to get one initially, but don't want to pay more than the fully discounted price. So I figure instead of burning the upgrade in November, I'll save it for next year's iPhone 6 launch.

All I do with my phone anymore is browse Safari and play music. My A4 can handle that for another year.

3. tpeter

tpeter Member
    Bronze

Just do what I have done each year.. Sell your phone on ebay. The iPhone 4 is getting close to 350-400 in good shape.

My wife sold hers for 320 on ebay and it was broke.
    Ill sell mine for more.

Her new iPhone she got for 199, I had to pay 450 but when you combine the selling of our iPhone 4s on ebay we broke even for a better phone!

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

What is the full price and the subsidized priceat ATT for each size of the new model?

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I'd still have to spend 100-200, which isn't an option for me.

6. tpeter

tpeter Member
    Bronze

yeah not worth it then

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Tons of people upgraded to the iPhone 4 in 2010 since it was such a big update and most of us were eligible for full subsidization. Most of the people who did upgrade to the iPhone 4 (AT&T and Verizon) are not eligible for full subsidization on an iPhone 4S at this time. I just paid $583 for a 32 GB on AT&T. You have to really want it to pay that much when you can get it for $250 less in 6 weeks. Combine that with the phone looking the same and you end up with far fewer people who upgrade on release day this time around. I bet they'll sell a lot on Sprint, though.

8. tpeter

tpeter Member
    Bronze

Yeah me and the wife both got iPhone 4s on release. We are on the family plan and she was able to upgrade and I was not. But after selling the 4s on ebay we break even but end up with better newer phones!

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Ahem. Yes, you do. :D