stealing WiFi from neighbor and using winSCP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

remejames

Nov 1, 2007
Jailbroken iPhone with bsd and openssh installed. I have winscp intalled on my home computer. I don't have a wireless connection on my computer. I get a wifi connection on my iPhone from neighbors with open wifi and enter the ip address in winscp. But I cant get my home computer and the iPhone to connect. I'm thinking I need my own wireless connection on my home computer for winscp to connect to my iPhone. Is this why I cant connect?

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
The computer with Winscp and your iPhone need to be on the same network.
It is not going to work with the iPhone on your neighbors network.
What he said /\/\/\/ just get a cheap usb wifi adapter and connect your pc to your neighbors

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
it won't work cause you don't know you neighbors IP and mostly it is dynamics not static
Not true. There is no need in what the OP asked about to know the neighbor's IP. All he needs is for his PC to get an address on same wireless network that iPhone is connecting to. Only IP address he'll need to know to make WinSCP connection is the iPhone's ...

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
this happened to me too and i had access to his gateway and still could nt connect through a neighbors network. i don't see how this would be posiible unless you are on the same segment or could adjust the neighbors router settings..

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
If the iPhone can connect to his neighbors network than his computer can also connect<period> he doesn't need to know the settings of the router...

I've done this last week.

gotcongee

Feb 6, 2009
PDAnet

Try this, assuming you would like to have internet connection on your "Home Computer"

Go to cydia and search for PDAnet 1.51 and install it.
You can use either your 3G data network or the Wifi connection that your iPhone pick-up on (neighbors) and tether though USB cable into your home computer.

if you choose using wifi as your source i recommend you turn off your 3G before going on-line.

hope this helps

Got Congee?