Steps to update 8.3 Jailbreak to 9.0.2 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by rugved1118, Oct 23, 2015.

1. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hello,

Can anyone please assist me step-by-step procedure on how do I jailbreak my existing Jailbroken IP5s 8.3 to 9.0.2 Jailbreak ?
    Also, How Do I know which tweaks have I installed before updating to 9.0.2 ? I mean, is there a possibility to have a list of tweaks which I had installed before updating to 9.0.2 jailbreak ?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You'll need to downgrade to iOS 9.0.2 to be able to jailbreak. You'll want to do this before Apple stops signing iOS 9.0.2. Although the link is for already having 9.1, if you restore, it'll update to that iOS.

http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-ios-9.1-to-ios-9.0.2-heres-how-tutorial/

As for knowing which tweaks are compatible, I would take it slowly when installing them to make sure you don't go into safe mode. Don't install them all at once. AppInfo is useful to get the list of tweaks etc that you have, but again don't install them all at once. Keep an eye on the descriptions and lists to see if they are compatible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WtmbG0Jw1VWroWvCKm-KEr42P8PyZLiTtSLV6KU-tyo/edit#gid=0
    http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-9-9.0.2-compatible-jailbreak-tweaks-for-iphone-and-ipad/

There are many lists that show compatibility, but take them still slowly. A few I installed a few days ago weren't compatible although it said they were. Some lists are mostly user supported.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

If you're going to update to 9.0.2, do it quickly. The signing window for 9.0.2 won't stay open long.

Also, don't tie all your hopes and dreams to Crash Reporter. It's not as useful as you'd think.

4. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hello,
    Please correct me if I am wrong :-
    • I have already downloaded IPSW file of 9.0.2 on my PC. so, I don't need to downgrade from 9.1 to 9.0.2
    • Is there a possibility to get the list of tweaks I have already installed on my iphone ? OR do I need to note down the list manually ?
    • As you are aware, I am on 8.3 TaiG jailbroken iPhone, should I directly upgrade to 9.0.2 manually using the downloaded IPSW file , then backup my iphone using itunes, then jailbreak using Pangu ?

5. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

PKGBackup in Cydia will allow you to email yourself a list of all the Cydia tweaks (and all other jailbreak files) you have installed on your device. Don't try to use PKGBackup to reinstall your tweaks once you've updated to 9.0.2 though.

6. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Its for $ 9.99. So, better I write down the tweaks instead of paying so much. But anyways, thanks a ton !!!

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. Correct. You do not need to install 9.1 and downgrade.

2. Take a few screenshots of your packages in Cydia and sync them to your computer before restoring and then reference them when setting up your new jailbreak.

3. No, that last step is wrong.

Steps:
    Remove your tweaks manually so they won't be in your backup > Back up > DFU restore to factory 9.0.2 > Press the shift key on your PC while pressing the restore button and then select the IPSW file you downloaded > Jailbreak > Apply your backup in iTunes and sync.

8. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I always use iClarified for step by step instructions for the latest jailbreak. Their instructions I find to be very clear. It is also best to restore your iPhone to new after backing up of course, and then jailbreak, and restoring your backup lastly. Do the iClarified instructions after installing 9.0.2 per Europa's instructions.

http://www.iclarified.com/51979/how-to-jailbreak-your-iphone-on-ios-9-windows-902