Steve Jobs' last word: "Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.

Oct 25, 2011
Jobs left us. and this is his last word:”oh wow, oh wow, oh wow...” what on earth would he say? if u were Jobs, what would u say?
For example:
1.Cook, Apple, later have to depend on you!
2.We and Samsung's lawsuit, can't let up!

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I used to work in hospice and it was an amazing honor to be with a person as they were dying. The mind is coming to an end and something else starts to awaken just before death. My grandmother was killed in a car wreck and her last words were "omg omg I can see them, they came for me and it's beautiful". And then gibberish after that for a few minutes, as told by her friend who survived.
No body will ever really know what "oh wow, oh wow, oh wow truly meant, but interesting to speculate.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I like to think he saw a glimpse of the hereafter. It might have made all of his achievements and the most beautiful designs he ever imagined pale in comparison.
I agree and in fact have thought this also. It's tough to say without actually hearing the intonation he used while saying it. Was it fearful, surprised, happy, sad? Etc. depending on that lots of other conckusions and assumptions Can be made.

Oct 25, 2011
I like to think he saw a glimpse of the hereafter. It might have made all of his achievements and the most beautiful designs he ever imagined pale in comparison.
I agree and in fact have thought this also. It's tough to say without actually hearing the intonation he used while saying it. Was it fearful, surprised, happy, sad? Etc. depending on that lots of other conckusions and assumptions Can be made.
Your idea is unique, it may, another jerked lisa!

Proplayer44

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
I used to work in hospice and it was an amazing honor to be with a person as they were dying. The mind is coming to an end and something else starts to awaken just before death. My grandmother was killed in a car wreck and her last words were "omg omg I can see them, they came for me and it's beautiful". And then gibberish after that for a few minutes, as told by her friend who survived.
No body will ever really know what "oh wow, oh wow, oh wow truly meant, but interesting to speculate.
I've read a bit about the moment of death and the white light and coming back from the dead and all that. I read a book called " the believing brain" and the author basically says your mind probably plays tricks on you as it is shutting down. The white light and all that is a result of loss of oxygen to the brain and the behavior and feeling are the result of the brain trying to protect itself during the oxygen loss. He also says nobody ever dies and comes back. They may have stopped breathing and see a white light or their brother or mom or aunt but they werent dead. There was still brain activity. Once there is no brain activity they don't come back. ( or something like that, I'm paraphrasing )

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I've read a bit about the moment of death and the white light and coming back from the dead and all that. I read a book called " the believing brain" and the author basically says your mind probably plays tricks on you as it is shutting down. The white light and all that is a result of loss of oxygen to the brain and the behavior and feeling are the result of the brain trying to protect itself during the oxygen loss. He also says nobody ever dies and comes back. They may have stopped breathing and see a white light or their brother or mom or aunt but they werent dead. There was still brain activity. Once there is no brain activity they don't come back. ( or something like that, I'm paraphrasing )
Sounds like an interesting read, I really get into books like that... might pick that up after I finish Jobs bio.

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
I don't read anything supernatural into it. Speculation is a waste of time. You're taking about a dying brain with its last few functioning cells firing. It could be a reaction to any number of physical or hallucinatory sensations.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I don't read anything supernatural into it. Speculation is a waste of time. You're taking about a dying brain with its last few functioning cells firing. It could be a reaction to any number of physical or hallucinatory sensations.
Could be... but what if those hallucinatory sensations are glimpses of the "real" and the state we live in now is the dream?
Heh, hard for the mind not to speculate on its final demise.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I have really been fascinated by these last few words. Steve Jobs had such an influence on so many people. My feelings are that 1 of 3 things happened.

1. It is as Laylapotata said and there is nothing more to it than a random reaction to a last few firing brain cells.
2. He really was privileged with seeing something we all have to look forward to and had a few moments to comment on it. (what I hope happened)
OR 3.

This one may be somewhat controversial but I feel it does have a possibility of being true (of course we will never know - but this is what I think may have happened)
-The final words were planned and carried out by Steve as his last impact to humanity - give people hope and take away the fear of dying. I know this sounds crazy - but maybe while Steve was still well enough, he discussed this plan with his sister and asked her to carry it out as his last wish. Maybe he did or maybe he didn't actually say the words, but I have to be honest, these last words have given me a certain sense of hope and overall good feeling. He knew his last words would be heard in a big way, why not make them do what everything else in his life did, impact a large number of people.