Steve Jobs not painting good picture for Flash

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/03/05/steve_jobs_pans_flash_on_the_iPhone.html

An interesting comment from digg:

"The real issue is that Apple doesn't want to pay Adobe for Flash Light 3, and his programmars couldn't retrofit the baseline Flash application.

Jobs wants Adobe to port Flash Light 3 for free when every other handset manufacturer pays Adobe for it. Not going to happen."

Sadly, it sounds like more Apple stubbornness and defiance of reality.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/03/05/steve_jobs_pans_flash_on_the_iPhone.html

An interesting comment from digg:

"The real issue is that Apple doesn't want to pay Adobe for Flash Light 3, and his programmars couldn't retrofit the baseline Flash application.

Jobs wants Adobe to port Flash Light 3 for free when every other handset manufacturer pays Adobe for it. Not going to happen."

Sadly, it sounds like more Apple stubbornness and defiance of reality.

well, psyl- it lks like we are going to wait and see what the outcome is going to be like...maybe Apple is developing its own 'flash' software? ...maybe?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Apple stubbornness? I don't know. I agree that we should wait and see. There's always something on the horizon.

- John

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'd like to think that if Flash were still a Macromedia product, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Macromedia put flash on the map by making a free client for browsers. The money was derived from charging web devs for the tools to publish that rich content.

Adobe on the otherhand seems intent on doing things the other way around now that they've got the wheel.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'd like to think that if Flash were still a Macromedia product, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Macromedia put flash on the map by making a free client for browsers. The money was derived from charging web devs for the tools to publish that rich content.

Adobe on the otherhand seems intent on doing things the other way around now that they've got the wheel.
Yeah, I don't buy the technological hoo-ha as to why no Flash.... I think it sounds like a classic corporate stalemate. Adobe wants money and Apple doesn't wanna pay. It's a struggle that hurts both parties and end-users, so hopefully they'll find a way past this.

Of course, this is all speculation, but it makes sense to me at least ;)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
since Apple does not want to pay why not charge us for it. I will pay for it

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
why should we pay for it again...we already did when we paid for the most revolutionary phone with the REAL web...not the watered down mobile web....um flash is a GIANT part of the REAL web...i love my phone but if we don't have flash because Jobs' doesn't want to pay...thats bull****...please don't tell me its over money because Apple has more than enough of that...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hate to sound like a downer, but it's almost always about money in the end with these sorts of things...