Steve Jobs Open Letter: Issues $100 "Store Credit" for Early Adopters

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I think the $100 instore credit is ANOTHER slap on the face. I mean comon, if your going to give the in-store credit ATLEAST make it the amount we actually lost which should be $200. So where's the other $100 that i'm still out of?

I'm so glad when I went to the Apple store they were sold out of MacBook Pros because I was sold on it. And I doubt I will go back to get one unless I get the full $200+9% tax back, plain and simple. My real only hope is that I can get the $200 from Amex.
Apple didn't HAVE TO DO anything. The fact that you're getting $100 worth of free swag for just buying a cell phone is a pretty decent deal, IMO.

I swear, some people will find a way to complain about ANYTHING.

Jade

Sep 9, 2007
Great Move Apple!

Steve Jobs and the Apple crew are folks with great businesss ethics! This has been the main reason I've continued to use Apple's products (which are ahead of the curve in the industry) the past 10 years. The iPhone is a phenomenon to say the least, and since nothing like this incredible product has ever enter the market...other potential iPhone users needs to be able to get a hold of one, too! The price drop at this time is the right decision! The $100 rebate to ALL iPhone customers is just a by-product that proves my point. Great move, Steve!

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Yawn. Both sides are pretty friggin' lame. There are no right answers or solutions to this. It just goes to show you that the whiners are going to balk at anything and the fanbutts are going to tow the line come hell or high water.

To be perfectly honest, I've been into Apple and their products since the early 80's. I've had a love-hate relationship with the company from day one. Love to hate them, hate to love them.

Everytime I bought something new and awesome, within three months something newer and awesomer would come out. Oh, yeah, and CHEAPER! Ugh! Would totally piss me off and I'd swear off Apple for good. This happened with the Mac Plus, the Quadra 800, the Mac Mini and now the iPhone. Whatevuh! :mad:

When iPhone II comes, will I jump on it? I'll try not to. But when my bleeding edge buddies start showing me all the cool things it can do, I'll crumble and snag one a few weeks later. Then, I'll probably have my still-beating heart ripped out of my chest...AGAIN by Jobs. But, what the hell. That's life.

Frankly, I wish all the whining would stop. And, especially, all you lemmings telling the whiners to shutup...just friggin' shut up yerselves!:mad:

I think I need another ****tail. Meh!

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Yawn. Both sides are pretty friggin' lame. There are no right answers or solutions to this. It just goes to show you that the whiners are going to balk at anything and the fanbutts are going to tow the line come hell or high water.

To be perfectly honest, I've been into Apple and their products since the early 80's. I've had a love-hate relationship with the company from day one. Love to hate them, hate to love them.

Everytime I bought something new and awesome, within three months something newer and awesomer would come out. Oh, yeah, and CHEAPER! Ugh! Would totally piss me off and I'd swear off Apple for good. This happened with the Mac Plus, the Quadra 800, the Mac Mini and now the iPhone. Whatevuh! :mad:

When iPhone II comes, will I jump on it? I'll try not to. But when my bleeding edge buddies start showing me all the cool things it can do, I'll crumble and snag one a few weeks later. Then, I'll probably have my still-beating heart ripped out of my chest...AGAIN by Jobs. But, what the hell. That's life.

Frankly, I wish all the whining would stop. And, especially, all you lemmings telling the whiners to shutup...just friggin' shut up yerselves!:mad:

I think I need another ****tail. Meh!
Sounds to me like you need another Xanax...

mistafabolouss

Jul 31, 2007
does anyone know when exactly were going to get our $100 i called Apple they said they don't know yet check the website, Apple.com and that has no info on when its going to be issued!

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Anyone who feels that they don't want to accept their refund can send it to me! :laugh2:

H

Hayesimus

haha yeah! those who are too PROUD to accept 100 dollars for gettin to be part of the elite that got their phone earlier than the rest, send it to me and i'll... "dispose" of it.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I think the $100 instore credit is ANOTHER slap on the face. I mean comon, if your going to give the in-store credit ATLEAST make it the amount we actually lost which should be $200. So where's the other $100 that i'm still out of?

I'm so glad when I went to the Apple store they were sold out of MacBook Pros because I was sold on it. And I doubt I will go back to get one unless I get the full $200+9% tax back, plain and simple. My real only hope is that I can get the $200 from Amex.
wow are you gonna cry? Apple doesn't owe you a darn thing. you think steve jobs has to give you 100 dollars store credit?

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
wow are you gonna cry? Apple doesn't owe you a darn thing. you think steve jobs has to give you 100 dollars store credit?
He didn't have to do it. But why do you think he made this unprecedented move? It was to compensate for the unprecedented price decrease that turned into a PR fiasco.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
no honestly it was to show current Apple customers and loyalists that it wasn't anything personal it was businesss. its only a PR nightmare because of the types of people who are Apple fanboys. whiny nerds who have nothing better to do, plain and simple. the type of people who literally camped out for this thing they wanted it so bad ,now they bash Apple because the price drops for xmas. they didn't ask you to buy on iday, they didn't ask you to buy 15 days ago . it happens , get over it.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Has Apple released the "details" about how to get the $100 store credit yet? If so, I missed it...thanks guys!

Scott

fxstsb

Sep 11, 2007
ATT is the looser

Yes I too got screwed by Apple. No I will not travel 30 miles x2 to get a store credit. What do they have that I want? With that said; ATT is the looser. They really got screwed by Jobs. Kinda has a ring. ATT is caught in the middle. Those who bought the phone from then do not get the traditional 30 day return policy. They will tell you to take your phone to the Apple store. I think ATT should be concerned about it's customer relations. How can ATT do damage control so that Apple is the bad guy and not Apple and ATT. They can quit selling the product and only be the wireless provider. They also could make a good will jesture for those getting the Apple credit to get an ATT credit on the wireless bill.
By the way saturday when I went to ATT I talked to a woman that bought 2 phones after I bought mine. She received $400. I went to that Apple store and they told me they do not give refunds or store credits and to see Apple's website for details. She bought here phone on 8-16, I bought mine on 8-11.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I don't think that Apple has announced the details of the credit yet.
I'm sure it'll be plastered all over the place when they do.
But just to reiterate, for all of those who don't want to accept theirs for whatever reason, I would be happy to take them off your hands.
All your credits are belong to me! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: