Steve Jobs Open Letter: Issues $100 "Store Credit" for Early Adopters

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I'm just glad we can all be friends again! :laugh2:

This was starting to get as bad as a Republican/Democrat debate lol.

Thanks Steve for bring the country back together again :laugh2:

Now lets get back to modding! ;)

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
"Now THATS how you clean a ****ing bloodstain!" -Al Swearengan

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I am happy Apple is making this move, I think it shows that contrary to what so many people here accused Apple of (not caring about their customers, being a big evil corporation, etc.) that the company is in fact a solid "people" organization.

I didn't expect Apple to do this, but I will take advantage of their offer and further support them as I pick up my new iPod Touch for my girlfriend next week.

I hope this silences the "Apple sucks" crowd for at least a week... or until the next update comes out and they find 20 more things to endlessly complain about.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Yes but they are losing in what we use the $100 for, with their profit margin they probably aren't losing much but add it all up with all the iPhones already sold before this and Steve is losing a small chunk of change because of this.
not really! Now he's forcing people to spent more money on other products! Well not forcing but enticing us to spend money we all probably would not have spent! Trust me, if he didn't think this was going to benefit Apple he wouldn't have done it! Its a win/win, especially for Apple!

Too Many Secrets

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
How great would it be if the post and link on the Apple site was a hack! forcing Jobs to stand behind the post...

... I gotta get some sleep

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I'm just glad we can all be friends again! :laugh2:

This was starting to get as bad as a Republican/Democrat debate lol.

Thanks Steve for bring the country back together again :laugh2:

Now lets get back to modding! ;)
Amen! Let's move on

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Stop Bi@#hing!

I'm still very angry at Apple. I don't care about having $100 credit at Apple store. What am I gonna buy? $100 worth of headphones? I want my money!

It was about time Apple woke up and did something but I am NOT satisfied, especially by the tone of this letter! Who do you think you are S. Jobs? Do you think we're fools? The way he talks to us makes me angry.

"This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon."

NO, this is NOT the way it is! Prices go down, but not after 60 days.

YES this is the way it is. It always has been that way and it always will. It doesn't matter what time frame the price drops it always does. I hate ungrateful people.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
It also cracks me up to see the wild mood swings... from "APPLE SUCKS, I'M NEVER BUYING ANOTHER APPLE PRODUCT!11!" to after this announcement, "YEAH! Steve Jobs! You're the man!".

I'm glad I don't suffer from these wild and emotional fluctuation's, especially when they're painfully displayed in public before hundreds of thousands of people.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
It also cracks me up to see the wild mood swings... from "APPLE SUCKS, I'M NEVER BUYING ANOTHER APPLE PRODUCT!11!" to after this announcement, "YEAH! Steve Jobs! You're the man!".

I'm glad I don't suffer from these wild and emotional fluctuation's, especially when they're painfully displayed in public before hundreds of thousands of people.
Agreed, being totally owned for just $100 of store credit wouldn't be something I'd be making a spectacle of myself over... ;)

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I am happy Apple is making this move, I think it shows that contrary to what so many people here accused Apple of (not caring about their customers, being a big evil corporation, etc.) that the company is in fact a solid "people" organization.

I didn't expect Apple to do this, but I will take advantage of their offer and further support them as I pick up my new iPod Touch for my girlfriend next week.

I hope this silences the "Apple sucks" crowd for at least a week... or until the next update comes out and they find 20 more things to endlessly complain about.
now you see why we held Apple to different standards than other companies -- which was why we were upset in the first place. Motorola or any PC maker would never step up to fix a wrong like this... That's why they are APPLE, and they are different from every other PC maker.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I still hate Jobs. He showed us his real face. I still say that I will never buy Apple ever again

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Agreed, being totally owned for just $100 of store credit wouldn't be something I'd be making a spectacle of myself over... ;)

Some people over reacted. Others expressed their dissapointment. Some people would say that Steve and Apple were the ones who were "owned". They realized that their best customers were given the shaft ... and they were made to listen.

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I still hate Jobs. He showed us his real face. I still say that I will never buy Apple ever again

The guy can make mistakes. It's our part to "keep em honest." He did the right thing, even if he had to be convinced by us.