Steve Jobs Open Letter: Issues $100 "Store Credit" for Early Adopters

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Good deal that something is being done. Honestly I did not expect them to do anything, so this is nice really.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Some people over reacted. Others expressed their dissapointment. Some people would say that Steve and Apple were the ones who were "owned". They realized that their best customers were given the shaft ... and they were made to listen.
Mmmm, so they get you to spend $100 of credit at their stores, which would equate to maybe $20 of actual cost to them, and they get to count the sales of all of those new iPods people will splash their credits on...

Yep - we absolutely owned Steve didn't we......

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Definitely a way to appease the hoards of people that were livid at this time yesterday. I'm amazed at how many people went from being content to enraged and now back to content in just 24 hours.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
It also cracks me up to see the wild mood swings... from "APPLE SUCKS, I'M NEVER BUYING ANOTHER APPLE PRODUCT!11!" to after this announcement, "YEAH! Steve Jobs! You're the man!".

I'm glad I don't suffer from these wild and emotional fluctuation's, especially when they're painfully displayed in public before hundreds of thousands of people.
You must have money to burn.
People get upset and we should be able to discuss it.
If someone wrongs you your opinion for them changes, why is this any different. My opinion of Apple did and has changed but that doesn't mean we can change our opinion again before the hundreds and thousands of people and fluctuate how we feel. If the person that wrongs you apologizes then your opinion will once again change. Won't it? At least it should. Or should we stay mad forever even when someone's trying to make up for it?
Opinions fluctuate on actions.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Definitely a way to appease the hoards of people that were livid at this time yesterday. I'm amazed at how many people went from being content to enraged and now back to content in just 24 hours.
All over $100.

LOL

I think this latest twist makes this whole episode that much more funny... people can be so freaking petty it's staggering.

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Mmmm, so they get you to spend $100 of credit at their stores, which would equate to maybe $20 of actual cost to them, and they get to count the sales of all of those new iPods people will splash their credits on...

They could have stuck by their original FU strategy.... What do you think made them change their minds?

To think that they would give a full $200 cash refund is just ridiculous.

prolix21

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I still hate Jobs. He showed us his real face. I still say that I will never buy Apple ever again
then sell your iPhone and leave everyone here alone. you got your damn money back, a freaking credit from Apple, and STILL you're making all kinds of angry posts. what do you want? you can't change this, and to me you've made out pretty well. much better than you deserve to.

get over it and MOVE ON

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
All over $100.

LOL

I think this latest twist makes this whole episode that much more funny... people can be so freaking petty it's staggering.

It's not about the $100 for most; It's about Apple realizing, like Steve said, that they "need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers"

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY

my point exactly! Jobs is a very smart man! No CEO would ever do anything to hurt they're company (excluding enron)! Jobs will always benefit his company! If he did nothing it doesn't matter to him he's going to have 10 million new customers by the end of 2008!

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
my point exactly! Jobs is a very smart man! No CEO would ever do anything to hurt they're company (excluding enron)! Jobs will always benefit his company! If he did nothing it doesn't matter to him he's going to have 10 million new customers by the end of 2008!

oh if he did nothing I think Apple would be hurt in the long run. It obviously does NOT make sense to refund everyone 200 dollars. But like I said in another post... This was a WIN-WIN-WIN situation.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
It's not about the $100 for most; It's about Apple realizing, like Steve said, that they "need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers"
This is absolutely correct. Righting a wrong in their customers eyes and in the reputation that they are known for.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
oh if he did nothing I think Apple would be hurt in the long run. It obviously does NOT make sense to refund everyone 200 dollars. But like I said in another post... This was a WIN-WIN-WIN situation.
nah, but who knows! But I agree win win! Now let's talk about something that should piss us all off! How badly edge sucks! It took me 10 Min to enter this post!

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Cool. I can live with this. I am planning on buying a new iMac next month when Leopard comes out anyway. Thanks Apple!

PS: I am sure this would of been announced yesterday sometime but I am sure Steve was busy. Like he said, he read "every single one" of the 100+ emails he got. :p
iam sure it was 1000000+ lol

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
now all those pissed off ppl who said "wah wah, i'll never buy mac again!" have to buy mac again =) wtg, SJ!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
You know this is probably steve's way of lubing everyone up for another poundin' when iPhone2 is released in 60 days!

Just in time for the holidays!

Oh yes, and it'll be 400 bucks out the door, and the "old school" 8gigs will be dropped another couple hundred...

LoL, you know it sounds funny, but hell, who knows what's gonna happen next after this stunt!

Good day everyone!

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
You know this is probably steve's way of lubing everyone up for another poundin' when iPhone2 is released in 60 days!

Just in time for the holidays!

Oh yes, and it'll be 400 bucks out the door, and the "old school" 8gigs will be dropped another couple hundred...

LoL, you know it sounds funny, but hell, who knows what's gonna happen next after this stunt!

Good day everyone!
hahaha.....love it! Not only will it be cheaper but will have 3g, ichat, copy/paste a better speaker, voice activated and whatever else were waiting for!