Steve Jobs Open Letter: Issues $100 "Store Credit" for Early Adopters

cutekitty714

Jul 17, 2007
Long Island, NY
I have gotten store credit from Apple before and was very unhappy about it. I can't remember exactly what the circumstances were at the time but it had to do it an iPod and lawsuit a few years back. Anyhow, the store credit comes with stipluations!

I was not allowed to use the credit to go towards iTunes! In fine print on the credit letter, it said that the user could not redeem credit towards iTunes/iTunes gift cards. What else is someone going to actually use the credit for besides possibly another set of ear buds or a case? I don't need yet another iPod, I obviously own the iPhone already, or I wouldn't have the credit.

I just hope that when the store credit is actually issued, we'll all be able to buy some tunes with it!

Babyboy212

Jun 29, 2007
I have gotten store credit from Apple before and was very unhappy about it. I can't remember exactly what the circumstances were at the time but it had to do it an iPod and lawsuit a few years back. Anyhow, the store credit comes with stipluations!

I was not allowed to use the credit to go towards iTunes! In fine print on the credit letter, it said that the user could not redeem credit towards iTunes/iTunes gift cards. What else is someone going to actually use the credit for besides possibly another set of ear buds or a case? I don't need yet another iPod, I obviously own the iPhone already, or I wouldn't have the credit.

I just hope that when the store credit is actually issued, we'll all be able to buy some tunes with it!

this is pretty much the only thing I want to use my credit on.... iTunes. I was planning on buying two $50 gift cards. It would totally suck if we aren't allowed to buy gift cards with our credit.

aliphoner

Jul 22, 2007
I'm glad

I was really perturbed when Steve cut the price of the iPhone by so much so fast. I bought 2 iPhones and I felt like I gave Apple $400 extra for nothing. So I'm really glad a store credit of some amount has been offered. But has anyone gotten an email or anything verifying this? I haven't received any notice. How do you claim the credit?

LD3

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Where are all the people that don't mind getting "screwed" now? LOL...

I'll tell where, first in line to get the credit...

rnewman

Jul 30, 2007
Zoom?!

Apple really didn't have to do anything so I think its a nice jesture even if it IS a ploy. A free headset! cool. Now APPLE if you are really paying attention please fix the 6 or so flaws on the iPhone! Some VOLUME on the alerts, camera controls (read ZOOM), etc.
Oh, give me a break! You want a zoom on a 2 megapixel camera. The only thing you would get is a digital zoom, and on a two megapixel camera it would look terrible. If you want a zoom buy a quality camera with an OPTICAL zoom, or a 6-8 megapixel camera and then the digital zoom would be usable. The camera in the iPhone does a great job, don't cripple it with a stupid digital zoom. (With an optical zoom, the phone could not be as thin as it is, and you all would be complaining about that!)

Robert

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
iwhinners

I know what you're saying, but from day one the high percentage of iMoaners on these forums has been stifling otherwise healthy discussion.

Some people are just never happy - and seem to be the ones that like to post the most!

It gets old really quickly - I actually stayed away from here for weeks because it's tiring to have to deal with all of the negativity day after day.

Freedom of speech is great - but constant whining and moaning is not a healthy use of the freedom.
If the whinners want to take credit for the 100 dollars, by all means , the credit is yours, but theres something annoying and childish about a whinner or complainer, someone who cant flow with the ebbs of life and must whail and gnash and try to make everyone around him miserable. Maybe daddy Steve just wanted to shut up his ungrateful children and stick a pacifier in their imouth, so he can watch the football game in peace lol.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
All I know is that I would have loved to been a fly on the wall at their meeting when they decided this.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
The heck with high and mighty (although I never did complain about the price drop)!

I'll be first in line to get $100 in free stuff. I can use all the help I can get. Very cool move on Apple's part, and it just underscores the power of the Internet (and the thousands of people who banded together to complain)!

jeepshots

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
No, I just stand by my word. I wasn't upset yesterday and didn't expect anything for being the "cool first kid with an iPhone" so I'm not gonna take something I feel that I don't deserve. Because me taking that money would be like Apple not offering it to you all who are upset.
Sorry Snow, but I just don't understand that line of thinking. It's not logical in my world. HOWEVER - more power to ya! It's your principles, and you're standing by them - we don't have to understand. And for that, I respect your decision.

:cool::cool::cool: (couldn't find a saluting smilie)

HiSoC8Y

Aug 26, 2007
i knew Steve won't let his loyal costumers down

i got $200 back, because i purchased it within 10 days (9 days actually)...

they will credit my credit card.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
This is a very serious time for us - the consumer. It's clear Steve understands that he was too aggressive and forgot the heart of the Apple consumor. It's also clear that he is in fact different from other CEO's and made it right. It's up to us now to be gracious and welcome the fact that a large corporation did the right thing. We CANNOT continue to whine and complain or else we'll be sedning a message to corporations that "making it right" is not the right thing to do. The responsibility lies with us now. I support Steve and Apple 100%.

Tutumiles1

Jul 27, 2007
I was very vocal about my displeasure about the rapid price drop. I think what Jobs did was a good move. What many critics of those of us complained fail to realize is that your consumer loyalty is a VERY valuable commodity and is the basis for why investors will invest in a company. This asset (YOU) when damaged affects how Wallstreet perceived the company. Many other company would gladly pay you hundreds of dollars to get your goodwill.

Continue to complain if you feel harmed but never sell your loyalty cheaply. Apple executives tampered with their most valuable asset and it will take some time to repair. I still like Apple and I still think their products are exciting, but it will take some time before I am a first adopter again. With that, I applaud those of you who did not simply take this as a market condition and voiced your opinion. This $100 could partly go for the Leopard upgrade!

It is the whiners who give the best insight to a company that is paying attention. I do not want to continue flogging Apple but to thank those who felt taken.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I was very vocal about my displeasure about the rapid price drop. I think what Jobs did was a good move. What many critics of those of us complained fail to realize is that your consumer loyalty is a VERY valuable commodity and is the basis for why investors will invest in a company. This asset (YOU) when damaged affects how Wallstreet perceived the company. Many other company would gladly pay you hundreds of dollars to get your goodwill.

Continue to complain if you feel harmed but never sell your loyalty cheaply. Apple executives tampered with their most valuable asset and it will take some time to repair. I still like Apple and I still think their products are exciting, but it will take some time before I am a first adopter again. With that, I applaud those of you who did not simply take this as a market condition and voiced your opinion. This $100 could partly go for the Leopard upgrade!

It is the whiners who give the best insight to a company that is paying attention. I do not want to continue flogging Apple but to thank those who felt taken.
I agree with you although I will probably use the credit to buy an ipod for one of my kids. But I totally agree with everything you said.