Steve jobs resigns

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I agree. Isn't the end of the world like people are acting. A lot more to Apple than one man. I also hope he is ok and I am site he will remain part of the Apple team.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Aww.. it is really sad to see him resign from being CEO. He has had a great, successful, and marvelous run as Apple's CEO and he made all of us fall in love with Apple and its products. Heck, EverythingiCafe, which is the best forum I've been to, is dedicated to Apple and its products, so what can we say to Jobs other than thank you, man, you have done a wonderful job and this has been one heck of a run.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
When I think Apple I think steve jobs first, he his kind of a big deal, should we run some numbers?
I don't worship him, nor I care too much if he retires, but he has done an extraordinary job in the last 10 years.
The company will be fine, but he'll be missed.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Still can't believe it but yeah sounds legit , will Apple be any different without him?
At some point, they might be, but not in the immediate future. He is still going to be part of Apple. His DNA is woven throughout that company. His imprint wil always be on Apple products. Past, current and future.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Exactly! Cook is basically a Jobs clone and with Jobs staying on as chainan of the board its all good
If he couldn't present the iPhone 5 then it's serious. They'll be presenting in a month right?

I'm guessing the chairman of the board thing gives him a chance to hope for with less scrutiny. It's damage control for the stock.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Agreed. All this one-man hero worship has always bothered me a little.
I generally agree with that sentiment, but I think in this case it's pretty well justified. There's certainly not been a more visionary boss at any tech company in many decades. And nobody who has affected the entire consumer electronics industry near as much. His turnaround of Apple and his unorthodox management style will be case study material at businesss schools for many years to come.

And he's been a driving force for so many truly great products, and such a charismatic figure as well.

I don't think this is earth-shattering for Apple. And nobody knows as yet whether he's resigned due to worsening health, it could be his health is stable and this is more of a pro-active measure to help keep it that way. It just still feels quite sad to me to read that opening line of his letter.

Ah, maybe I am a bit of a hero-worshipping type. This feels a little like when a favorite ballplayer has to become a 'leader in the locker room' and not so much an active force on the field.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If he couldn't present the iPhone 5 then it's serious. They'll be presenting in a month right?

I'm guessing the chairman of the board thing gives him a chance to hope for with less scrutiny. It's damage control for the stock.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
I'm not so sure. Jobs would put Apple before himself. At some point, they were going to have to move on without him. On several occasions, they have done just that while he was on medical leave. The iPhone 5 is ready and it was probably time for him to dial down his work schedule. His work is done. Nobody intros a product like him, but by him leaving now, Apple can be Apple next month or whenever we see the next iPhone announced. The focus won't be on Steve Jobs, but on Apple. That's probably exactly how he wants it to be...

Reactions: Skb2000

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
Jobs is a genius and I worship him. :)

Apple most likely had developed 2 to 3 year product and technology plans for this very happening. Jobs will still have a say as chairman, at least for awhile. I look no slip over the short term. It's hard to predict beyond that. In the meantime I send well wishes to Jobs and his family.