Steve jobs resigns

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I'm not so sure. Jobs would put Apple before himself. At some point, they were going to have to move on without him. On several occasions, they have done just that while he was on medical leave. The iPhone 5 is ready and it was probably time for him to dial down his work schedule. His work is done. Nobody intros a product like him, but by him leaving now, Apple can be Apple next month or whenever we see the next iPhone announced. The focus won't be on Steve Jobs, but on Apple. That's probably exactly how he wants it to be...
Actually there's a good bit of logic in letting Cook present the iP5 making a resignation a sound businesss move. It doesn't fit with the history of Jobs' ego but things have obviously progressed beyond such preferences. What ever the reasoning, chairman of the board is still damage control. He's not stepping down because of age and he's been on leave for quite some time so even as chairman, he'll not be as active as a normal chairman would be, for example the guy behind Exxon.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I see so many negative comments on message boards regarding Steve Jobs resignation. People are already writing his obituary. I think we should be positive and know that Steve is still with us and will continue on as Chairman of the Board.

Reactions: Hondamaker

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I see so many negative comments on message boards regarding Steve Jobs resignation. People are already writing his obituary. I think we should be positive and know that Steve is still with us and will continue on as Chairman of the Board.
I don't think he should be treated as a god. He has done a lot for Apple and will continue to support Apple. But Apple is a team with a bunch of people that keep it going. They will continue to be great without him.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don't think he should be treated as a god. He has done a lot for Apple and will continue to support Apple. But Apple is a team with a bunch of people that keep it going. They will continue to be great without him.
That is very true. Steve Jobs' vision is intertwined among those taking over the reigns. There is a vast amount of talent with that company that will continue on.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
They should make a new chair. Keynote presenter. I'd want jobs there. I'm still sad he's gone.

To be honest, this thread gave me hope. I thought it said "Steve Jobs returns!"

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

wherwel

Aug 8, 2011
Steve Jobs, the mastermind of Silicon Valley innovation surfaced and re-invented Apple history.truly he is a great visionary.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have to agree with this article I read on Business Insider on Yahoo Finance by Matt Rosoff. No one could catch the eye of the media the way Steve Jobs can. That is one big loss that Apple will have without Steve Jobs at its helm.

Pop culture icon. Steve Jobs's keynotes are packed with press -- including popular press. Will the media fawn over Tim Cook or Phil Schiller when they talk? Don't count on it. And that means that you might not see every Apple product announcement featured on the local TV news as it was today.

Double KLM

Bronze
Aug 16, 2011
I also believe Steve Jobs is a genius and there will never be another like him. I truly believe he has surrounded himself with enough talent to keep Apple the innovator that he made it. Let's see if Wall Street agrees with that or if they hammer the Apple stock based on this news.

My guess is that his resigning is truly a result of health issues. Forget about stock prices, technology, new product introductions, and 4G iPhones, I just hope Steve Jobs, the human being, is or will be ok health-wise and continue to lead a normal life.

Reactions: Hillbilly

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
The tech world used to revolve around a similar guy to jobs. What was his name. Bill something. Oh yes bill gates. Kinda quiet now. There will be another Jobs soon enough. Jobs will be remembered and compared to.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
another steve job, meaning doing exactly what he did? good luck.
Please ray, don't compare steve jobs to bill gates, or I'll vomit :p

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
another steve job, meaning doing exactly what he did? good luck.
Please ray, don't compare steve jobs to bill gates, or I'll vomit :p
Long as u don't get it on my shoes lol

Seriously though. At his time and where technology was an what he was doing to now and what Jobs has done. Very comparable. How many times has gates done something and seen the stock downfall as we have today and will tomorrow.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Long as u don't get it on my shoes lol

Seriously though. At his time and where technology was an what he was doing to now and what Jobs has done. Very comparable. How many times has gates done something and seen the stock downfall as we have today and will tomorrow.
I was never a bill gates fan, even when I had no clue what Apple was all about.
maybe because he looks like a turtle, and I hate turtles, turtlenecks on the other hand........

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I was never a bill gates fan, even when I had no clue what Apple was all about.
maybe because he looks like a turtle, and I hate turtles, turtlenecks on the other hand........
I met him a long time ago. And toured his house. Was amazing. For the time what he was doing so far advanced. An as a person he is nice and humble. Does a ton of charity work. Not saying he is better than Jobs. But is his equal IMO for their own times.