Steve-O is just full of it...

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have seen this "bring down the West coast (AT&T) network.." comment now several times and I just cannot take it anymore.

Who does he think he is kidding?

The iPhone does voice, some basic data via Safari and SMS. Maybe I am missing something but there are phones that do things like Video Share, dual- mode...and some just plain wacky things like IM and MMS!

Is it arrogance? Does he think everyone is an idiot?

If the West coast network was going to go down a Treo would have been the culprit already as I know there is some Treo-geek out there that has more apps and data usage going on than AT&T would ever like to see. Not only that but is Steve-O implying that AT&T's network is so fragile that a few fanboys (and fangirls) could bring that telecom giant's network to a crashing halt with some AppTapp action?

Give me a break...He is redirecting and that is all.

BTW, lovin' Nokia right now. I think they are making a brilliant play. Not to say that it will work but just calling Steve-O on his BS is wonderful to see.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
You wonder were these paranoid users get their ideas from? There you have it.

I wonder what Gates' reply would be given the same situation. I personally think Gates is far more educated about his own technology, you'll never hear him say "I don't know what it is, but it works!"

Rather, "It does this and that, when it works!" lol.

But I digress, I honestly had to laugh when I read Steve's comment, it made me realize just how uninformed his keepers have him.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
For me personally, the funniest part of all this hoopla is the simplicity of the request.

The vast majority us are not asking for video share, Slingbox or an equivalent, etc.

We are just wanting basic features that come on most phones in this price range such as IM, MMS, basic customization and maybe some copy/paste (just keeping the joke alive).

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Yep, I don't know what is worse... the fact that Jobs said something like that, or that people believed him.

And as I pointed out in other threads, Jobs sold illegal blue boxes back in the '70s, built by Woz, that DID mess with AT&T's network to allow free phone calls. Even those boxes didn't bring down the network.

And for more irony AT&T used similar FUD as a reason to disallow any connection to the "the network" that they didn't approve of. They lost that fight and the RJ11 jack in most everyone's home is proof of that.

Finally, what's the problem with the iPod Touch, it doesn't even have a phone, Steve?

--
Mike

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
everyone STOP using your AT&T broadband cards! the west coast network is gunna go down if you don't! hahaha:laugh2: i wonder if steve just didn't know what else to say so he to pull that one of of his....(fill in the blank);)

EDIT: oh, and dawgfan, the copy and paste joke, classic! haha :cool:

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yep, I don't know what is worse... the fact that Jobs said something like that, or that people believed him.

And as I pointed out in other threads, Jobs sold illegal blue boxes back in the '70s, built by Woz, that DID mess with AT&T's network to allow free phone calls. Even those boxes didn't bring down the network.

And for more irony AT&T used similar FUD as a reason to disallow any connection to the "the network" that they didn't approve of. They lost that fight and the RJ11 jack in most everyone's home is proof of that.

Finally, what's the problem with the iPod Touch, it doesn't even have a phone, Steve?

--
Mike
Excellent point on the Touch. I had not even thought of that I was so wrapped up in my own little world and iPhone frustration.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Lol I gotta say it's interesting how this battle is slowly heating up, now with Nokia taking aim. Almost worth the $600 price of admission to give a sh!t.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Lol I gotta say it's interesting how this battle is slowly heating up, now with Nokia taking aim. Almost worth the $600 price of admission to give a sh!t.
Oh yes, the new Nokia ads are hysterical:

nokia-unlock-iphone-jab.jpg

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Oh yes, the new Nokia ads are hysterical:

--
Mike
So are you all going switch to Nokia and go post on their boards from now on?
Please do.
What a relief...
Who's the CEO? Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo?

Hope you have fun trying to put him in his place every time he opens his mouth or does something. Anything. Make sure you take it out of context too. It makes quotes more exciting.:eek:
Apparently, you can call him "OPK" if your Finnish isn't too good.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Please do.
What a relief...
Good Lord, your posts are becoming annoyingly predictable. Why don't you go to ILoveAppleAndDontWannaHearAnythingBadAboutThem.com and have a blast?

--
Mike

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Good Lord, your posts are becoming annoyingly predictable. Why don't you go to ILoveAppleAndDontWannaHearAnythingBadAboutThem.com and have a blast?

--
Mike
Good lord, Mike, your posts are always predictable too. Always apple-bashing, Steve-bashing, iPhone bashing. Somebody has to be on the other side and defend them. You could go on a IHATEAPPLEANDSTEVEANDMACLOVERS.com site and have your own kind of blast too. Then, people who just want to learn about the iPhone might enjoy everythingiPhone.com once again.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
Good lord, Mike, your posts are always predictable too. Always apple-bashing, Steve-bashing, iPhone bashing. Somebody has to be on the other side and defend them. You could go on a IHATEAPPLEANDSTEVEANDMACLOVERS.com site and have your own kind of blast too. Then, people who just want to learn about the iPhone might enjoy everythingiPhone.com once again.
I tried going to both of the sites you guys posted and neither exist :mad:.

j/k

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
George, I am loath to do this but what exactly have you contributed around here? The only thing I see is cheer-leading for Apple.

The way I see things you are either part of the solution or part of the problem, and right now you appear to be more of the problem.

I realize you are 65-years-old and I am trying to be respectful. But sometimes respect has to be earned, and you don't seem to be earning it. Just my opinion, no personal offense intended whatsoever.

--
Mike

krossmusic

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
New York City
George, I am loath to do this but what exactly have you contributed around here? The only thing I see is cheer-leading for Apple.

The way I see things you are either part of the solution or part of the problem, and right now you appear to be more of the problem.

I realize you are 65-years-old and I am trying to be respectful. But sometimes respect has to be earned, and you don't seem to be earning it. Just my opinion, no personal offense intended whatsoever.

--
Mike
Dude, not to C my way in to an A/B convo, but you got to be kidding me, right? He could say the complete opposite thing about you, within the same reasoning about being a cheerleader. What do you contribute as well except complaining. (BTW again, I'm not a fanboy, I do think there are ploblems with IJOB's believing he is GOD) However, that comment was just absurd.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007

--
Mike
hey, Mike, I realize I'm not technosavvy like you, but I do have a fair knowledge of Macs. I'm not entirely stupid and yes, I'm a bit of a cheeleader. Somebody has to. It's not illegal. I managed to get 27 thanks, so I haven't been entirely useless, even if I can't approach your genius. I enjoy it here. I try to help when I can and, let's face it, I like to cheer. I go to every Mac Convention. I do cheer like crazy and bond with my fellow Mac followers. Don't expect me to disappear anytime soon from the cheering section.
By the way, I'm not 65. I was high as a kite the night I wrote that. It seemed funny at the time. However, as Krossmusic gently mentioned, it was below the belt to make mention of my alleged age and of how useless I was.

Long live Apple!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Dude, not to C my way in to an A/B convo, but you got to be kidding me, right? He could say the complete opposite thing about you, within the same reasoning about being a cheerleader. What do you contribute as well except complaining.
Are you serious? How much more ignorant can you get...

BTW again, I'm not a fanboy...
Then exactly what is your excuse?

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
hey, Mike, I realize I'm not technosavvy like you, but I do have a fair knowledge of Macs. I'm not entirely stupid and yes, I'm a bit of a cheeleader. Somebody has to. It's not illegal. I managed to get 27 thanks, so I haven't been entirely useless, even if I can't approach your genius. I enjoy it here. I try to help when I can and, let's face it, I like to cheer. I go to every Mac Convention. I do cheer like crazy and bond with my fellow Mac followers. Don't expect me to disappear anytime soon from the cheering section.
By the way, I'm not 65. I was high as a kite the night I wrote that. It seemed funny at the time. However, as Krossmusic gently mentioned, it was below the belt to make mention of my alleged age and of how useless I was.

Long live Apple!
By your own admission you were lying? I have nothing more to say to you at this point.

--
Mike

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This isn't about who is for or against Apple.

This is about Steve Jobs making a FOS dumb-a$$ comment that was just wrong.

No one said they were swtiching to Nokia (except the gentlemen who assumed it and then automatically blasted someone for his assumption). The Nokia issue was raised for what it IS, entertaining.

Now if someone can make an argument that a modded iPhone can crash the west coast network of AT&T, please step forward.

Something tells me I will be waiting awhile.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Please do.
What a relief...
Who's the CEO? Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo?

Hope you have fun trying to put him in his place every time he opens his mouth or does something. Anything. Make sure you take it out of context too. It makes quotes more exciting.:eek:
Apparently, you can call him "OPK" if your Finnish isn't too good.
Hi, could you please refrain from bringing your attitude into these threads?

Your post history shows that you have brought nothing contructive to these boards other than your snobby remarks and attitude.

Try this, just look at your Thanks count and ratio and then look at Tinman's.

See a difference?

Until you bring as much to this community as he has, I recommend you keep your ill will to yourself.