Sticking with the iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Prozium12, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

am I the only one who's staying with ip4s for a month or more see how ios6 works and to see what the 5 is like before buying one..

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've been using iOS 6 since day one of the betas, for me it's been the stablest firmware to date. It's great.

I'm sure there will be many people sticking with the 4S for another year, I for one am definitely upgrading from my iPhone 4. The 4S has and always will be (my opinion of course) a waste of time. Not a worthy upgrade when it was so similar to iPhone 4, the camera was probably the best part about the phone.

3. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

I too have the 4 and saw no reason to upgrade to the 4s. I am going to wait and see what the 5 is all about. I am still pretty happy with my 4.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I'll be sticking with my 4s for a while.

5. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

me too I'm not getting dragged into all the hype... Ok I can't wait to see the new phone but if it is the same as the one floating round the net is it that big a difference..I know some people aren't keen on the look of the 4s the glass back and front but I like it I loved it when I first held it..plus still got 12 mths on contract

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

6. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

i agree the 4s is faster and better than the 4 but it wasn't enough but when my 4s contract is nearly up it will be 5s or ip6 time so may wait,then again I say this every time..but if you say ios6 runs well on the 4 it should run even better on the 4s.. Just gotta wait till Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

7. applejailescape

Gold

8. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I passed on the 4S so I'm ready for next week :)

9. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

I have the 4S but I'm definitely getting the 5. Funds ready!

Sent from my iOS EcoSystem

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You and me both! Onwards and upwards!

11. aerodaniel

aerodaniel New Member

My first iPhone was the 3GS. Upgraded to 4S as my contract was up and because I loved the aluminium and glass design. And of course the retina display.. But for the most part the changes to OS were lackluster. I'm looking forward to a larger screen and iOS6 on the new 5. And please tell me Siri will understand my Australian English ! :)

12. Caliphone

Caliphone Member
    Bronze

I've upgraded every time a new phone came out from the start, but will "probably" hold off a bit this time.
    I am pretty happy with the 4s size and am not wild about a BIGGER phone. The new dock connector is another put off for me (existing accessories).
    Of course on Wednesday this may all change!

13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

really ?

14. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Yep

Sent from my iOS EcoSystem

15. wparisi

wparisi Member
    Bronze

I got the 4S when it came out. I will not be getting the 5 unless AT&T waivers upgrade date. It currently is for May 2013. If that's the case I will just wait until the 6 comes out.

16. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Of course I upgrade I always have .....
    Son will not be able to until October 4th (I hope we just walk into a store and get it)
    If the phone is nothing more then a tweak of 4s I may have to rethink on what I will do.
    This is what I am thinking!
    I love the new iPhone it's all good I update and son updates and we are cool with a contract (I may look ito switching to Sprint later)
    I am not so impressed .....I still will get it!
    I will be looking at other phones like the new RAZr and new LG or Galaxy.
    Son wants the iPhone matter what! Hubby is fine with any iPhone!

17. applejailescape

Gold

haha your right mate , you getting the Ip5?

-Spencer-
    www.twitter.com/Spencer7077

18. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Yup, I'm well excited! I feel like a child the night before Christmas (I've been feeling like this for about 3 weeks now)!

Are you getting one?

19. Johnwolves

Johnwolves Member
    Bronze

I'm gonna stick with my 4s it's still an awesome piece of kit which will be even more awesome when iOS 6 is installed on it especially when a jailbreak comes out. I am gonna wait until next year and see what Apple comes out with, whether that be the iPhone 5s or iPhone 6!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

20. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I wasn't going to upgrade from 4 to 4S at launch. Then I found out that I could likely sell my 4 on eBay for about the same cost as the upgrade. Turned out, I was able to sell it and net $30 on the whole deal. So I did. Haven't taken time to do the research yet this time as to resale on 4S, although from what I've read and heard, sounds like the early upgrade pricing is a bit more than it has been in the past since AT&T isn't playing friendly. So, I may wait a bit. My daughter hits 2 years on her dumb phone contract in December so that may be my upgrade time.