Stiff home button on iPhone 3GS compared to the 3G

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Anyone else have a really stiff home button on their 3GS compared to the 3G?

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
Mine seems about the same. I just love the fact that a single click takes you back to the home screen, click again and it takes you to spotlight. Then I have double click set to the camera. I love this new phone.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
mine seems stiffer too. but then again there is a pretty big gap where my sim card goes in.

gansan

Jun 20, 2009
Mine is stiffer, to the point that I was concerned and started searching around and found this forum. :) It works fine, but I want to be sure it's not a sign of impending failure.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Mine is stiffer than my 3g was after 12 months use... but not stiffer than the 3g was when new

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Shortly after I purchased my 3G last year I had to replace it with Apple do to a malfunction, the replacement phone they gave me was considerably more stiffer on the home button than my original one was. There's no real "click" like there is on my wife's 3G.

SabaUnited

Bronze
Feb 5, 2008
Bucks County, PA
Mine is stiffer than my 3g was after 12 months use... but not stiffer than the 3g was when new

I never had a 3G but my brother got 1 a month ago before upgrading too but his home button was definatly more stiffer new then my 3GS new.

gansan

Jun 20, 2009
Mine is stiffer, to the point that I was concerned and started searching around and found this forum. :) It works fine, but I want to be sure it's not a sign of impending failure.
Just to provide follow up to my own message, I got my phone replaced today. I think that there may be some misunderstanding of the symptom, at least what I experienced. On my defective phone, the button was stiff and did not have a distinct click. The lower part of the button could not be pressed in as far as the upper part of the button, and it did not respond to pressing on the lower half.

On my replacement phone, the home button is stiffer than my 2g and 3g, but it travels straight down and with a nice clicky feel. Pressing the upper half or lower half feels the same. This matches the other 3gs models that I have seen.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wouldn't go so far to say "really stiff", but there is a noticeable difference between my 3G and my 3GS.