Still can't get back to 1.1.2

iPat

Sep 14, 2007
Ok, I'm still having tons of trouble getting my iPhone back into a jailbroken 1.1.2 state. All usefull information on this topic is greatly appreciated. Here's what happened.
I was on 1.1.2, jailbroken and enjoying my phone. I goofed up and managed to make all my icons disappear. I tried to install some launchers to get back to Customize and bring them back, with no success. I have since restored my iPhone to 1.1.2. I can downgrade my firmware to 1.1.1, see the usual error 1015, and run the windows.bat file from the dev team kit to get it out of recovery mode. This is where my new problem begins. I am in 1.1.1 but my iPhone will not activate through iTunes. I am an AT&T customer, and not unlocked, nor have I ever unlocked my iPhone. It will sync, but it just sits at the activation screen, and then finally says "Activation alert. No signal detected. Signal is required to complete activation." But the phone was just active 5 minutes ago when I was on 1.1.2 in the same physical location! Does anyone have any ideas? Do I have to downgrad the modem firmware also? Tinman? Anyone? Please help.

Firmware 1.1.1(3A109a)
Modem firmware 04.02.13_G
Windows Vista Home Prem.
iTunes 7.4.3.1
I can slide into the main springboard screen and access all the PDA stuff and iPod, but the phone is no picking up the network.

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
iPat,
I am in a similar situation but I was using wildonrio's post and approach. The problem we will be facing, unless someone knows another way, is that you had to upgrade to 1.2 not restore. So I have gotten to unlocked 1.1, ran oktoprep and then restored to 1.2. Of course that erases oktpprep and hoops the unlock process. Does anyone know of where you can get the 1.2 version in an upgrade and not a restore? So it looks like we are in for it iPat, unless I am way off .
Thanks

Sep 29, 2007
Why not just do this.

Go to jailbreakme.com if you are able to sync and download oktoprep. Then upgrade to 1.1.2 and try from there. I had problems activating on 1.1.1 before too but I decided to go back to 1.1.2 anyways and it worked fine.

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Forgive my ignorance everyone because for as far as I have come in the 4 months or so I have owned my iPhone I am still learning. When we download the files arent they usually restore files and not upgrade. So in otherwords when you upgrade on iTunes it doesn't completely wipe the iPhone which is why the oktoprep works but when you download a restore it completely wipes it yes?

jacker28

Jan 16, 2008
Ok, I'm still having tons of trouble getting my iPhone back into a jailbroken 1.1.2 state. All usefull information on this topic is greatly appreciated. Here's what happened.
I was on 1.1.2, jailbroken and enjoying my phone. I goofed up and managed to make all my icons disappear. I tried to install some launchers to get back to Customize and bring them back, with no success. I have since restored my iPhone to 1.1.2. I can downgrade my firmware to 1.1.1, see the usual error 1015, and run the windows.bat file from the dev team kit to get it out of recovery mode. This is where my new problem begins. I am in 1.1.1 but my iPhone will not activate through iTunes. I am an AT&T customer, and not unlocked, nor have I ever unlocked my iPhone. It will sync, but it just sits at the activation screen, and then finally says "Activation alert. No signal detected. Signal is required to complete activation." But the phone was just active 5 minutes ago when I was on 1.1.2 in the same physical location! Does anyone have any ideas? Do I have to downgrad the modem firmware also? Tinman? Anyone? Please help.

Firmware 1.1.1(3A109a)
Modem firmware 04.02.13_G
Windows Vista Home Prem.
iTunes 7.4.3.1
I can slide into the main springboard screen and access all the PDA stuff and iPod, but the phone is no picking up the network.
I am having the exact same problem! I did the jailbreak on my iPhone a couple of days ago and today i was just using an app and all of the sudden it went into recovery mode. I did exactly what you did, and when i get to where i have to upgrade back to 1.1.2 after getting OKtoprep, it says that i don't have a signal. I want to stay with a 1.1.2 iPhone with the jailbreak but i cant do it right now since i have no signal. I don't want to upgrade to 1.1.3 and then have to wait for a way to jailbreak from 1.1.3. Have you found the solution to the problem? I want to get it back to how it was in as little of time as possible.

blacklabel775

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I just ran in to the same problem as you imap, stuck with stock 1.1.2. The only thing I can think of is that in some of the earlier iPhone updates (1.01 and 1.02), the files were named "iPhone1,1_1.0.1_1A543a_to_1C25_Update.ipsw" and "iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C25_to_1C28_Update.ipsw", respectively. Has anyone ever seen or heard of a file like that ending with "Update" rather than "restore" for the 1.1.2 software?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Forgive my ignorance everyone because for as far as I have come in the 4 months or so I have owned my iPhone I am still learning. When we download the files arent they usually restore files and not upgrade. So in otherwords when you upgrade on iTunes it doesn't completely wipe the iPhone which is why the oktoprep works but when you download a restore it completely wipes it yes?
restoring and updating both use the same firmware file. to update, hold Shift and click on the update button (you must have the files stored locally on your computer to do this). this will make iTunes ask you which file you want to use to update... pick 1.1.2 (if that is what you want), and it'll do its thing.

blacklabel775

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
restoring and updating both use the same firmware file. to update, hold Shift and click on the update button (you must have the files stored locally on your computer to do this). this will make iTunes ask you which file you want to use to update... pick 1.1.2 (if that is what you want), and it'll do its thing.
Right on,
I was scared to even go close to the update button, but I tried it out and I'm back in businesss.

Thanks a lot.