Still can't get VoiceDial to work on 1.1.3

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I think it's been updated, but it crashes every time I load it. Annyone have this working with 1.1.3?

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Working here as well...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Which JB method have you used Hondamaker? I think Voice Dial works well with Dev Team's method and ZiPhone, but not Nate's ...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Which JB method have you used Hondamaker? I think Voice Dial works well with Dev Team's method and ZiPhone, but not Nate's ...
You know what, I used Nate's. Crap! Oh well, when I update to 1.1.4 and rejailbreak with ZiPhone, I'll re-install VoiceDial and try it then.

Feb 28, 2008
how do i use voice dial

hello people,
i just downloaded voicedial and want to save it for a contact how do i do that? please help~~~:cool:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
hello people,
i just downloaded voicedial and want to save it for a contact how do i do that? please help~~~:cool:
First thing you're supposed to with the app is record the 3 system commands - Accept, Repeat, Cancel.

Once you've done those, go to Actions > Contacts - tap on a contact, then tap on the phone number you want to do a voice tag for, and then follow the prompts to record one ...

S

Starry

First thing you're supposed to with the app is record the 3 system commands - Accept, Repeat, Cancel.

Once you've done those, go to Actions > Contacts - tap on a contact, then tap on the phone number you want to do a voice tag for, and then follow the prompts to record one ...

I tried this and I swear it's easier to just slide / hit contacts/ and hit the number... with this voicedial thing you have WAY too many steps to get it to speak that you could have dialed it.. Then I have a texas accent and NOTHING sounded close.. I was dialing people that wasn't the ones I wanted dialed! LOL

Would be nice if we can click the side button or something and it works... :)

TomRS

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
Does this only work for a jailbroken phone or can I use it unjailbroken? Please say unjailbroken...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Does this only work for a jailbroken phone or can I use it unjailbroken? Please say unjailbroken...
Sorry, even the please won't get you there. It's an app that requires a jailbroken phone. The publisher is promising an 'official' version once SDK hits etc. ...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I tried this and I swear it's easier to just slide / hit contacts/ and hit the number... with this voicedial thing you have WAY too many steps to get it to speak that you could have dialed it.. Then I have a texas accent and NOTHING sounded close.. I was dialing people that wasn't the ones I wanted dialed! LOL

Would be nice if we can click the side button or something and it works... :)
Yeah, I wanted so much to like this app, but in its current state, I really don't. Its accuracy rate is very poor in my experience (and I have a mongrel, half-British, half-American accent for whatever that's worth). Its load time is also far too long at the moment, in my view.

I like Photo Dial a lot better, but have not got it to run on 1.1.4 yet ...