Still in Memphis?

dblake15

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
Fedex says it will be delivered today but it left memphis at 3:30 am. There is no way it will make it to illinois and be delivered today as it has to go through hubs and get on trucks. It still says the 19th but I am assuming they will push that back.

Anyone else left memphis this morning and still say the 19th?

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
yep! and mine made it to OKC and is now out for delivery so im sure you will be fine!

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
My guess is they are behind on updating their tracking info, at least I hope so, mine also still says it's in Memphis.

Jun 14, 2009
Mine was in TN at 3:47 AM, just checked it again, and as of 7:09 AM, it's here in Rochester. Wow. And when I went to bed last night, it didn't even show up as shipped...

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Well mine has been updated and it's now in Jacksonville. About 2 hours away. My packages are usually delivered out of Gainesville, but according to my tracking it will be out for delivery from Jacksonville.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
Well mine has been updated and it's now in Jacksonville. About 2 hours away. My packages are usually delivered out of Gainesville, but according to my tracking it will be out for delivery from Jacksonville.
im guessing the overnight or express shippings must have a truck from bigger cities? im in lawton and mines being delivered from okc, which is about and hour or so away

Jun 13, 2009
I work for UPS and if the shipping for overnight packages for FedEx works the same(which I assume it does), when packages are shipped air, they come in special containers, in which once unloaded off the plane, they are put directly onto a special trailer and taken right to the local hub.

Once at the hub, the packages are unloaded in a special area designated for air/premium/etc right into the delivery truck. Then its off for delivery.

Typically even if the flight left at 3am, it will get to the local hub around 8am, unloaded and packed on the drivers truck and out the door by 9-915am.

This is how UPS works, so take it for what it is in regards to FedEx.

dblake15

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
I work for UPS and if the shipping for overnight packages for FedEx works the same(which I assume it does), when packages are shipped air, they come in special containers, in which once unloaded off the plane, they are put directly onto a special trailer and taken right to the local hub.

Once at the hub, the packages are unloaded in a special area designated for air/premium/etc right into the delivery truck. Then its off for delivery.

Typically even if the flight left at 3am, it will get to the local hub around 8am, unloaded and packed on the drivers truck and out the door by 9-915am.

This is how UPS works, so take it for what it is in regards to FedEx.
Thank you for this info. Very helpful.

iphone3gs

Jun 9, 2009
Mine was in Indianapolis at 2:30 AM and it was two hours away in Michigan at 7:30 AM :)

JimboBob

Jun 16, 2009
Mine left Memphis at 4:27am, went through area sort facility and into local facility at 7:47.