Still might be eligible for new iPhone, even if in AT&T contract

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 14, 2007
Just to let you all know about the cingular/AT&T contracts if your contract does not expire you can still get a new phone many of you are acting like i can't get one only because my contracts not up you won't lose money i get a new phone atleast a year before my contracts up and i am still able to get a new phone.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Just to let you all know about the cingular/AT&T contracts if your contract does not expire you can still get a new phone many of you are acting like i can't get one only because my contracts not up you won't lose money i get a new phone atleast a year before my contracts up and i am still able to get a new phone.
Typically correct, but the unknown her is that they keep saying that you 'must sign a new 2 year contract'. Does that get tacked on? Does it just 'cancel' the rest of your current contact?

Normally, if you want to sign a new 2 year contract, you have to do it during the last 3 months of your current contact. Then they cancel your current one.

joco

Jun 21, 2007
Folks,

Check this out... I confirmed it with two stores.

You can only purchase an iPhone IF you are eligible for an upgrade OR you purchase a new line.

So if you currently have a Cingular/AT&T plan and you are not eligible for an upgrade you cannot purchase an iPhone... Unless you add a line for an extra 9.99 a month. Which also means you will need a separate data plan for the iPhone as well.

If you don't believe this call your local store... they have this info.

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
I just called my local AT&T store, and the rep there said that the only thing they knew for certain was that the iPhone was coming out on the 29th...:)
I also called 2 AT&T stores...they said they have no idea until next week. I also talked to the Apple store and last they knew they were just selling the phones and there will be no AT&T rep at the stores....
Guess nobody will know for sure until next week!