Still No Custom Ringtone Maker for PowerPC Macs?!

hmlaa

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Just checking up again, so there is still no custom ringtone maker program for ibook g4 power pc users? Man! Can someone make one or something? Ohh well maybee someday....:oops:

Casetay

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
In iTunes you right click on a song, click on Get Info, click on Options, change the start and stop time to when you want, close that box, right click back on the song and click convert to MP3. There is your new ring tone...oh but it won't work with purchased music.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
yeah my friend its called iTunes. You right click on a song, click on Get Info, click on Options, change the start and stop time to when you want, close that box, right click back on the song and click convert to MP3. There is your new ring tone...oh but it won't work with purchased music.
Please read that post you replied to. hmlaa said for PPC G4 users. Your reply mentioned "right-clicking" which is not a function of the Mac OS, and yes, I know there are alternatives. Even then, your directions would have us hacking up one of our existing songs. And then, once you go through all that, how do you get it on the phone?!

hmlaa, as far as I know there is NO way for us PPC users to get custom ringtones on our iPhones. I've tried SendSong but it does not work for me.

Casetay

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Please read that post you replied to. hmlaa said for PPC G4 users. Your reply mentioned "right-clicking" which is not a function of the Mac OS, and yes, I know there are alternatives. Even then, your directions would have us hacking up one of our existing songs. And then, once you go through all that, how do you get it on the phone?!

hmlaa, as far as I know there is NO way for us PPC users to get custom ringtones on our iPhones. I've tried SendSong but it does not work for me.
oh I gotcha...also though it creates a copy of the song so it doesn't mess up the original song. Sorry i couldnt help didn't think about the PPC thing