Still no iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by llrickman, Sep 21, 2012.

1. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

My wifes was delivered at 9:30 this morning. I told the driver there are 2 packages so he looks on the truck again tells me it isn't there . I waited till 3pm then called UPS they are now trying to locate it.

So i guess my iP 5 has been lost :(

2. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

That sucks! What the heck is the point of tracking if they can't find it.

3. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Boo! Hope they find it faaaaaaaaast!

4. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Now that is frustrating. UPS hasn't lost anyting in 6 years and they had to pick today and YOU.

Sorry bro.

5. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Thanks

Yeah Ive never had a problem with UPS. I called back they said they have their security team looking into it and would call me back tonight. Its 6:40pm here in Albuquerque i don't have much faith they will do anything tonight

I'm sure its on a truck somewhere they just have no idea where it is. So in the mean time I've finished syncing the wife's phone but i really have no urge to even mess around with it. Whodathunkit me not interested in playing with the new iPhone

6. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Now 10:40pm and still no Phone and now UPS customer service is closed.According to the recording they will be open Monday. I was promised that the local center would call me and update but no call from them at all. I guess ill just drive over there in the morning but make sure someone is here to sign if it comes however i highly doubt thats gonna happen at this point.

I have never ordered from Apple before and now don't think i ever will again if they are using UPS, have always had them delivered FedEx in the past with 0 problems

just read this BS from the UPS website

Important information for Apple iPhone Customers
    Be assured that all Apple iPhone shipments will have a delivery attempt today, Friday September 21.

well Today Friday Sept 21 has 62 minutes left5?

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I fixed that for you.

8. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Lmao well thats why i origially typed lol Yeah its still showing as out on the truck for delivery. Only one reason for that beause that don't have it to scan back into the local depot. When i talked to UPS earlier he told me the driver was still out and if he was back my tracking status would read that it was at the depot. But.......... if you don't have it to scan it you cant magically change the status

9. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

ANy news ?

10. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

That really sucks! I know that this doesn't help but if the package was lost or stolen and UPS database shows that it was on the truck it's the drivers responsibility and they will be charge for the package. And I'm surprised Apple is using UPS in my area they usually ship it through FedEx. I'm still waiting for my iPhone October 5th. It's a sad day for some of us but I can't imagine how angry and frustrated you must be feeling. Hope it was a misunderstanding and you'll get your phone come Monday. Good luck!

11. Muckcityjustin

Gold

good luck man you seem to be handling it much better then i would.

12. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Well just checked the tracking page and its the exact same
    Guess i'll find out where the local UPS hub is and go try and get some answers

Screen Shot 2012-09-22 at 7.08.50 AM.png

13. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Man I feel so bad for you.. I imagine that I would be livid!

Good luck, hope they bring it today along with a MASSIVE apology !

14. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Man I feel so bad for you.. I imagine that I would be livid!

Good luck, hope they bring it today along with a MASSIVE apology !

15. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Call Apple

16. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

on the phone now but they are saying wait till monday ..... BS

17. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Man, that would make for a looong bitter weekend for me:mad:

18. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

I feel so bad for you. At least you have your wife's iPhone to tinker with while you wait for answers or a resolution. I hate to say it too, but it's probably stolen. But no worries because you'll somehow be compensated for the troubles you had to experience. And if you're not going to get compensated then I suggest that you request to be compensated. Tell them there's a reason why you stayed up to order that product at midnight on the 14th of September, it's so that you would receive it on iDay, but no, that experience was robbed from you instead and it's not your fault. Request that you get your iPhone and with compensation for the missed experience and the troublesome experience.

19. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

While this sounds nice in theory, reality is, he'll likely get his iPhone and a verbal apology. Nothing more.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

20. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

I didn't necessarily mean monetary compensation, I was hoping he'd get like free shipping for 6 months, a UPS gift card, chili's gift card, or an Apple gift card or something. Anything really.

I remember having been compensated on numerous occasions by different companies who messed up with something. Those numerous times that I was compensated I never asked/requested for it, there was only one time that I asked to be compensated. And I didn't even really ask at all really, I wasn't even aiming for it nor was I expecting it, I just said, "I can't believe what's happening, this is really too much, I feel like I deserve something for all this." And company X willingly and enthusiastically said, "So you feel like you should be compensated for all this, I can understand that. Is there something in our store that you like?" And I said, "Well, since you asked..."