still on 1.0.2 and was going to upgrade but...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
H

Hayesimus

so i was going to upgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it. but the just released 1.1.2. so what do i do now? i can't upgrade to 1.1.1 on iTunes because its offering 1.1.2. and that can't be jailbroken unless you start out with 1.1.1 and do the oktoprep thing. so what are my options?

H

Hayesimus

Why upgrade,really not much reason to as far as I can tell ?

<------Still 1.0.2 also ...:)
oh i was in total agreement with you until i saw that with 1.1.1 you can have the video and music icons separate like on the ipod touch. that's really the only reason i decided to.

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
search for the fimware 1.1.1 on the net i think you can download it from http://i.unlock.no ........ after downloading it, in iTunes press SHIFT + restore button.. a browser will come and you can choose the 1.1.1 firmware that you downloaded it...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
search for the fimware 1.1.1 on the net i think you can download it from http://i.unlock.no ........ after downloading it, in iTunes press SHIFT + restore button.. a browser will come and you can choose the 1.1.1 firmware that you downloaded it...
I would shift-click Update instead, and then update using the 1.1.1 firmware file. This way your Library stuff (ROMs, books, etc.) are not wiped out. Not sure about 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 but it should prevent having to sync all music and video again too.

--
Mike

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I would shift-click Update instead, and then update using the 1.1.1 firmware file. This way your Library stuff (ROMs, books, etc.) are not wiped out. Not sure about 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 but it should prevent having to sync all music and video again too.

--
Mike
yes do not shift+restore rather shift+update and navigate to your downloaded 1.1.1 file...
good luck

H

Hayesimus

yes do not shift+restore rather shift+update and navigate to your downloaded 1.1.1 file...
good luck
so that will get me going on 1.1.1? Will it be jailbroken? Like do I have to restore before updating so that i wont brick my iPhone?

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
is your phone "Unlocked" if not Updating will give you a fresh 1.1.1 w/o being jailbroken..
but thats great!
to jailbreak 1.1.1 just visit jailbreakme.com its as easy as that

Oct 30, 2007
so that will get me going on 1.1.1? Will it be jailbroken? Like do I have to restore before updating so that i wont brick my iPhone?
i'm in the same boat as u man..i'm still on 1.0.2 and considering upgrading but not really sure..i tried last week but panicked half way into it lol..but i'd advise u to follow the guide on http://iPhone.unlock.no/
basically since u have an unlocked phone u have to reverginise it first before upgrading to 1.1.1 (follow the steps on the website)..then u are to upgrade via iTunes (this is where i panicked because iTunes was giving me an error but i believe it is because i have v7.4.1.2 and so it wasn't recognizing the 1.1.1)..so i panicked and restored back to 1.0.2 and that's what i'm using still..

anyway..after updating to 1.1.1..follow the instructions on the website on how to get to jailbreakme.com and it's supposed to be as simple as that..but i'm still hesitant due to the fact that i don't live in the US so i cant just go across the road to an Apple store if i mess it up..and 2ndly because i don't think ibrickr works with 1.1.1 properly..and i use ibrickr to do just about everything..but the choice is urs..just read up first..

hope this helps

H

Hayesimus

d'oh! I am a dummy! I'm not unlocked. Just jailbroken. Now realizing that unlocked phones get bricked not jailbroken phones so I should be fine. I know, right?

Oct 30, 2007
does ibrickr work with 1.1.1 as yet? because i know nothing about the ssh n terminal an alla that stuff..ibrickr is nice n simple to me..so that's the main thing keeping me back from updating..apart from the camo keyboard not being able to work eitha..

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
i don't actually remember since i use winSCP.. but somebody had a post about ibricker in 1.1.1 you should find it in the forum

Oct 2, 2007
Austin, TX
does ibrickr work with 1.1.1 as yet? because i know nothing about the ssh n terminal an alla that stuff..ibrickr is nice n simple to me..so that's the main thing keeping me back from updating..apart from the camo keyboard not being able to work eitha..
for some people it just works right away. it didn't for me. i found a post on mymyifone that had an edited services.plist file that you replace the current one with. that did the trick. i used iPhonebrowser to get it on there so i could replace it (iPhonebrowser had limited access to the folders before i replaced the services.plist, full access afterward - i recommend iPhonebrowser over ibrickr any day :) - i had never used it before doing this to get ibrickr to work.)

i would post the link to the thread, but the site seems to be down right now, i'll try and get a hold of it later today.

you can finde iPhonebrowser and code.google.com