Stock camera app...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by reas0n, Jul 14, 2013.

1. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

Ugh... I hate to say it, but after some serious use I've come to dislike the stock camera app a lot. I won't go so far as say hate since the new-ish feature set is great (but a little over due), however this swipe nonsense has got to go. There has to be a better/easier/faster way to get from Photo to Pano then back to Video. Anybody else not like the new gesture based navigation for the camera app?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It does take a bit of getting used to, I noticed. I don't have a solid opinion either way yet.

3. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I've pretty much memorized each modes location so I can swipe quickly to get to the desired mode without looking. But then again, I use the camera a lot so I got used to it.

4. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

5. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

yeah I've memorized it too, not too difficult in that aspect. Like I said switching back and forth is time consuming, and for what? a square and panoramic mode? i can crop if I really need that square and the panoramic was fine where it was in my opinion. 1 simple solution I've come up with would be to just make the labels (Video, Photo, Square, Pano) clickable in themselves. Not the best solution but without a major design overhall it's the best I could come up with...