Stock SMS?

Jack06

Bronze
Jan 6, 2009
Hi Guys
does the stock SMS feature, have an option for time-stamped messages?
So I can see when people have sent me messages?
I know bitesms (a cydia application) does but it's not very consistent
Thanks in advance
Jack

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
The only time you see is a very random schedule of time stamps. It doesn't do it for every message but it does it at odd intervals. If you want to see the time an SMS was sent, you have to go to the main SMS screen and it will tell you what time the most recent message was sent.

ihack

Bronze
Nov 7, 2008
Orange Park, FL
The only time you see is a very random schedule of time stamps. It doesn't do it for every message but it does it at odd intervals. If you want to see the time an SMS was sent, you have to go to the main SMS screen and it will tell you what time the most recent message was sent.
I would not say "odd intervals". But I would say it will do it every time it thinks your done with that conversation. for and example.. If you wait for a while and close the app and go on with your life....then that person texts you again later on you should have the time stamp there. :)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I does the same thing iChat does with the timestamps.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Yep, even the sounds are the same in ichat

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I would not say "odd intervals". But I would say it will do it every time it thinks your done with that conversation. for and example.. If you wait for a while and close the app and go on with your life....then that person texts you again later on you should have the time stamp there. :)
is this confirmed?