Stocks not updating-Error message

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I have not looked at the stocks program on my phone for a while and started it today. It shows an old stock price and after the message saying "Retrieving data" goes away it says "Error retrieving chart" and the stock price does not update to the correct one.
I am on a ziPhone jailbroken 1.1.3 phone. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix? I tried to search for it but apparently the word stock is used in about 2000 postings and I didn't find anything dealing with this error.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I have not looked at the stocks program on my phone for a while and started it today. It shows an old stock price and after the message saying "Retrieving data" goes away it says "Error retrieving chart" and the stock price does not update to the correct one.
I am on a ziPhone jailbroken 1.1.3 phone. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix? I tried to search for it but apparently the word stock is used in about 2000 postings and I didn't find anything dealing with this error.
I get the same thing with stocks and weather!

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
My weather application updates and appears to be working correctly. It just appears to be the stocks program on my phone. Thank you for the response. I wont worry about it since at least one other person has the same problem. Appreciate it.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Yahoo servers which give the update might have been down temporarily or could be your net connection. Check again after some time.