stocks

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Is there an easier way to refresh stock quotes other than press the home button and then the stocks icon again?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Unfortunately I don't think so. Are you keeping the stocks app open at all times even when you lock the iPhone so that the stocks appears automatically? If you are doing that and it's not loading that doesn't make much sense because I would assume it would refresh automatically for you, I know that Mail does the check as soon as I unlock and the mail app is still open.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Unfortunately I don't think so. Are you keeping the stocks app open at all times even when you lock the iPhone so that the stocks appears automatically? If you are doing that and it's not loading that doesn't make much sense because I would assume it would refresh automatically for you, I know that Mail does the check as soon as I unlock and the mail app is still open.
Even with the stocks app open it doesn't refresh when the phone is unlocked.

You would think there would be someplace on the stocks screen where one could tap and refresh the screen.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Even with the stocks app open it doesn't refresh when the phone is unlocked.

You would think there would be someplace on the stocks screen where one could tap and refresh the screen.

Yeah I really with there was but as of yet we're out of luck in that respect. It could be something Apple amends with a future update because I have a feeling more people are noticing the same thing, just not saying anything about it.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Yeah I really with there was but as of yet we're out of luck in that respect. It could be something Apple amends with a future update because I have a feeling more people are noticing the same thing, just not saying anything about it.

Also when one taps the "Y" button at the lower left of the screen to go to Yahoo there is no back button to the stocks screen. Again one has to push the home button and then stocks icon.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Also when one taps the "Y" button at the lower left of the screen to go to Yahoo there is no back button to the stocks screen. Again one has to push the home button and then stocks icon.

Haha I just did that exact thing when I was trying to find a refresh button. That's also a minor annoyance especially if you hit it accidentally and have to wait for it to reload and such.