Stolen iPhone in Ft. Lauderdale-Sunrise Area

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
I bought my fiancee an iPhone for Christmas to match mine. She has been wild about our iWorld. We were at a Panther's hockey game at the Bank Atlantic Center in Sunrise, FL on Friday, Feb. 15 and she lost it. After checking with lost and found and having the service suspended, she bought another iPhone on Monday. When she checked her messages, a woman had called on Saturday and said her son found the phone. When my fiancee was able to contact the woman, the woman claimed to have returned it to the BAC, but BAC security has no record. Now the woman is being unresponsive. We know her name and contacted the police. They've instructed us to file a police report tomorrow on the grounds of theft.

I really don't expect this post to get our iPhone back. I just needed to share this story and if by chance you hear of someone (named Sarah) in the Ft. Lauderdale-Sunrise-Palm Beach area who suddenly came into possession of an iPhone, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
wow crazy stuff... How did it get lost in the first place... When you bought a new one did you get the 16gb? Hope you can get it back somehow..

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Sorry for posting this in the software forum. I meant to post it in the General discussion forum.

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
wow crazy stuff... How did it get lost in the first place... When you bought a new one did you get the 16gb? Hope you can get it back somehow..

Thanks man. She had been having trouble with the case and it fell off her hip without her noticing it. She wasn't willing to spend the extra $$ for the 16gb at this time.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Thanks man. She had been having trouble with the case and it fell off her hip without her noticing it. She wasn't willing to spend the extra $$ for the 16gb at this time.
Do you still have the piece of wrapping that had the IMEI on it? I heard AT&T can track iPhones that way.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
When did losing something, become a theft by whomever found it? I feel for you, losing your iPhone. I just can't understand why, because you can't keep up with your items, the finder is a thief? I never let my iPhone out of my sight. I doubt the Sunrise Police will do anything for you, seeing that you lost it, and it was not stolen from you. Good Luck though, you can make sure it can't be used or reactivated, by registering the IMEI number as stolen with AT&T...M

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
When did losing something, become a theft by whomever found it? I feel for you, losing your iPhone. I just can't understand why, because you can't keep up with your items, the finder is a thief? I never let my iPhone out of my sight. I doubt the Sunrise Police will do anything for you, seeing that you lost it, and it was not stolen from you. Good Luck though, you can make sure it can't be used or reactivated, by registering the IMEI number as stolen with AT&T...M
If the finder states they returned it somewhere and that lace NEVER got it...ever. She/he is now a lair. Then by the fact that she never responds to anything makes he a suspect for theft. SO yes...he might be right.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
iPhonisn!

you're back?

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
So, are you implying that if you get drunk and can't find you car, then I have every right to take it?

Theft is the act of taking something with the intent of depriving the rightful owner. Finding a lost item is not theft, but then learning who it belongs to and not returning it is.

S

Starry

Welcome back.. is good to see you back posting... you were missed!

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
Welcome back.. is good to see you back posting... you were missed!
iPhonian, the comma fetishist, is back...welcome. this is how you chose to announce your return, pushing your "fortune-first" opinion on someone with bad luck? come on, ive grown to expect more from you.

i know this area well and it wreaks of SoFla. hippies hugging you at the show and flipping birds in the lot on the way out...damn Ft. Lauderdale...it should float away.

anyway, to the OP, sorry for your misfortune. hope the law prevails...if i know SoFla PoPos, they're probably busting some kid for a nick-sac...damn, now im pissed.

throw your rats.