Stolen iPod touch

Andreiagf

Feb 11, 2008
Hi all, my iPod touch was stolen yesterday and I am very sad , I wonder if there is anything that I can do about it? Is it possible to track the user? Block the iPod..? Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think there's anything you can do except contact the police and then maybe try to get a new one from Apple by explaining your position to them and maybe taking a document with you from the police to prove that it has been stolen.

Andreiagf

Feb 11, 2008
how

How did they steal it?
I had my handbag stolen yesterday with all its contents inside , documents, my new nokia...my ipod touch (Christmas present)it has been hard to drop it from my mind.

Feb 12, 2008
Really feeling sorry for you, well, now r u planning to get new one?

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Thats horrible. I hate when people steal stuff. My car was once smashed into and the audio stuff was gutted. Horrilbe feeling. I highly doubt Apple will give you a new one. Maybe if you file a report and give it to your insurance company they can do something.

May 6, 2007
United States
Hi all,
My ipod touch was stolen yesterday and I am very sad , I wonder if there is anything that I can do about it? Is it possible to track the user? Block the ipod..? Please help!
I am sorry to hear this. I don't think there's much you can do at this point, except contact the authorities. I doubt Apple would do much about it, but it is always worth a try. There is nothing to lose by trying all of your options. I would keep my eyes out and retrace my steps just to make sure anything wasn't dropped, or that I couldn't find it.

Good luck!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I had my handbag stolen yesterday with all its contents inside , documents, my new nokia...my ipod touch (Christmas present)it has been hard to drop it from my mind.
Wow, I'm sorry this happened to you.

Apple doesn't usually replace stolen items; you just have to buy it again. Please let us know how you make out once you explain what happened.

Good Luck to you.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Very sorry for your loss, I know the feeling. It really makes you feel voilated and victimized and angry.

Actually, since this was your purse, I hope you do take the time to file a police report. If your credit cards/ID were in there, this will help you combat any issues of identity theft should this happen in the future. Your credit card company will want to see the police report to cover any charges made on your stolen cards as well.

Good luck!

Mar 10, 2008
iPod should have GPS or something, so you can track it..
but anyways, Unless u somehow catch the guy theres no way to track it down
but try those free ipod sites..google Transcendent Innovations i got my touch from them on the 25th

it'll take a while m(it took me a bit over a month) but its worth the effort, and you'll have another touch.
Pm me if u want more info, just google that it isn't that hard

bj609

Nov 14, 2009
Report stolen iPod online

My one month old iPod touch was stolen from school, totally sucks.
While researching what to do about it I discovered this web site to report the iPod stolen online:
http://www.stolenlostfound.net/
It's a web site dedicated to reporting stolen property and it's free.
It at least makes me feel better knowing there's a permanent record of the serial number - hopefully it catches who ever stole my iPod.