STOLEN! Yes its been stolen!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bigmac

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Los Angeles
Not to rant and rave, but its gone! I was curious to know, if someone picks up my phone, swaps out the sim, can they use it? I did have the lock enabled, so I am hoping that helps... Im now out $400 until my AMEX insurance kicks in...:mad:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Oh no! Sorry to hear about the theft. Where was it taken from? I'm not sure if they would be able to use the phone without an unlock being done on it first, but I could be wrong.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Not to rant and rave, but its gone! I was curious to know, if someone picks up my phone, swaps out the sim, can they use it? I did have the lock enabled, so I am hoping that helps... Im now out $400 until my AMEX insurance kicks in...:mad:
How unfortunate, that really sucks for you, I'm sorry, good luck.

james275

Oct 12, 2007
i was concerned about my iPhone getting stolen, so i set up a cron job that runs a script every 10 mins & hits a webserver that i control. so if anyone ever steals my iPhone, i'll be able to track them down. ;-)

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Hah! This is absolutely great. I love tracking things!

Check this out:

(Nevermind, it doesn't work here)

Anyway, that's a pretty damn cool thing. Your own lojack!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Sorry this happened to you.