Stop auto correct?

detz

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
For some words the auto correct is wrong but I don't know how to not select it. It seems it corrects it, I delete it, write again, it replaces it, again for a few times and then it gives up. This is a pain when you typing a lot of stuff which it does not know, is there anyway to make it not auto correct for a word?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
When the "Corrected" word bubble pops up over the word, before you hit space or period, or anything else, just click on the little bubble with the "X" in it.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I heard if you did this 3 Times in a row then forever that word would be in the dictionary on the phone and you wouldn't have to always press the X im not sure if its true I mean my email starts as alb0zf1n3st and the phone always tried to correct me in some way to change the words but now it doesn't anymore.. pssst and who said it wasn't a smart phone lol...

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I heard if you did this 3 Times in a row then forever that word would be in the dictionary on the phone and you wouldn't have to always press the X im not sure if its true I mean my email starts as alb0zf1n3st and the phone always tried to correct me in some way to change the words but now it doesn't anymore.. pssst and who said it wasn't a smart phone lol...

It does learn. If it keeps trying to correct something, and you keep telling it no, it will adopt your style of spelling something, and actually correct it to what YOU want, later on.