stop camera from trying to use my location?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
ok, i know, you need to disable location services for the apps to stop asking you for location, but i would like to keep it on for other apps to be able to find my location.

but the only app that i don't want to find my location is the camera, and no matter how many times i tell it no, it still asks me everytime i open camera. is there anyway to stop only camera from asking for your location?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Oh man, this is a huge annoyance for me as well. I have never figured out how to achieve this.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I must be missing something here, because my Camera.app don't ask!?
you probably either have location services turned off or you told it ok when it asked you

mikt6

Aug 11, 2010
Works for iOS 4

Go to Settings -> General -> Location Services and switch Camera to Off

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
Keep in mind everyone that if you have your location services switched on, unless you have specifically turned them off for ALL your camera apps, your GPS location will be available to all if you post your pictures online. That means that people CAN track you from your photos. If you are concerned about your privacy or your kids, you might want to switch these settings off. You will find them under Settings --> General --> Location Services. Camera, Camera +, Photogene, etc. all have there own switches.