Stop it...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kency79

Bronze
Sep 2, 2007
Hamilton,NJ
www.myspace.com
It is so funny that a lot of people here are upset because of either lack of application(as they implied), bricked phone, or the new update. They act like they hate Steve Jobs or Apple because of that. Guess what - who cares.

They all ***** that they won't buy anymore Apple product or sell their iPhone - I say go ahead.

I know that majority of people are happy with the iPhone or with Apple for I am one of them. I am with Steve that I rather protect majority by protecting majority of the iPhone rather than pleasing couple hundreds of people.

Apple is just protecting their product. They want it to sell and be used for a long time. I modified my iPhone myself and I felt that it became sluggish and crashed a lot.

As much as I love the mod, I rather have my fully funtional iPhone.

Now, stop crying. If you really hate you iPhone or Apple, stop buying their product. I am sure the you are not going to hurt Apple for 1 dissatisfied Apple customer, I am sure 10 are.

Now let me go back with my fully functional iPhone.

B

bschizz

It is so funny that a lot of people here are upset because of either lack of application(as they implied), bricked phone, or the new update. They act like they hate Steve Jobs or Apple because of that. Guess what - who cares.

They all ***** that they won't buy anymore Apple product or sell their iPhone - I say go ahead.

I know that majority of people are happy with the iPhone or with Apple for I am one of them. I am with Steve that I rather protect majority by protecting majority of the iPhone rather than pleasing couple hundreds of people.

Apple is just protecting their product. They want it to sell and be used for a long time. I modified my iPhone myself and I felt that it became sluggish and crashed a lot.

Now, stop crying. If you really hate you iPhone or Apple, stop buying their product. I am sure the you are not going to hurt Apple for 1 dissatisfied Apple customer, I am sure 10 are.

That's the most speculative, objective, irrational post I've seen in awhile.

"I know that majority of people are happy with the iPhone"

Simply because you are one of those people? Get out of town.

"I am with Steve that I rather protect majority by protecting majority of the iPhone rather than pleasing couple hundreds of people."

Where are you getting your stats for a 'couple hundred' of people? And this has nothing to do with protection of the consumer. The third party Navison application has been downloaded EIGHTY THOUSAND times. That's a far cry from 'a couple hundred.'

"I modified my iPhone myself and I felt that it became sluggish and crashed a lot. "

So YOU had a negative experience with modding, thereforee, NO ONE else can possibly have a positive experience? God, I'm glad we have you to enlighten us.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
That's the most speculative, objective, irrational post I've seen in awhile.

"I know that majority of people are happy with the iPhone"

Simply because you are one of those people? Get out of town.

"I am with Steve that I rather protect majority by protecting majority of the iPhone rather than pleasing couple hundreds of people."

Where are you getting your stats for a 'couple hundred' of people? And this has nothing to do with protection of the consumer. The third party Navison application has been downloaded EIGHTY THOUSAND times. That's a far cry from 'a couple hundred.'

"I modified my iPhone myself and I felt that it became sluggish and crashed a lot. "

So YOU had a negative experience with modding, thereforee, NO ONE else can possibly have a positive experience? God, I'm glad we have you to enlighten us.

Why don't you find some other device that you can mod at your leisure if you're so unhappy about Apple defending their phone? Surely, there must be something out there that won't give you any resistance. Or is it the pleasure/ excitement/ challenge of the illegal activities that keep you going?

Even 80,000 people had modded their phone, which I doubt (most of them wouldn't know how), it still would leave more than a million who didn't and love their iPhone just the way it is. Those are the majority.

"Early iPhone owners are overwhelmingly happy with their devices...In one of the first such studies, 90% of 200 owners said they were "extremely" or "very" satisfied with their phone. And 85% said they are "extremely" or "very" likely to recommend the device to others"

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

And... Exactly what is your point or is this another stupid noobie-likes-to-hear-himself-talk post? All your doing is contributing to the already clogged forum with opinionated crap like this.

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
And... Exactly what is your point or is this another stupid noobie-likes-to-hear-himself-talk post? All your doing is contributing to the already clogged forum with opinionated crap like this.
x2

There should be some sort of filter that combines all attempted new "OMFG STOP WHINING!@?!?!?!11!" threads into one thread. I'm tired of people starting new soapbox threads, it's irritating.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
x2

There should be some sort of filter that combines all attempted new "OMFG STOP WHINING!@?!?!?!11!" threads into one thread. I'm tired of people starting new soapbox threads, it's irritating.
I think we should all agree that when you guys stop the "Apple is evil" threads, we will stop the "stop whining" responses.

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I think we should all agree that when you guys stop the "Apple is evil" threads, we will stop the "stop whining" responses.
When did I EVER say "Apple is evil"? When did I ever IMPLY that Apple is evil?

I understand and completely support Apple for doing what they're doing, I'd love for them to add some sorely needed features into their product, but in the meantime, I love the product they've produced.

I also love my third-party applications, and will not be updating until there is a way to restore them after I update.

I don't think that if someone would like a feature to be added, or are disappointed that they lose functionality, that they necessarily think that Apple is evil. I rather think that you're trying to demagogue those of us that are looking for solutions and expressing our opinions by making us seem like we're whining and complaining, and frankly, it's irritating and pretty immature on your part.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I rather think that you're trying to demagogue those of us that are looking for solutions and expressing our opinions by making us seem like we're whining and complaining, and frankly, it's irritating and pretty immature on your part.
I think you hit the nail on the head, though I think it goes deeper than that in some cases.

--
Mike

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I think you hit the nail on the head, though I think it goes deeper than that in some cases.

--
Mike
Thanks, and I don't believe that everyone who speaks like the OP did is trying to demagogue, but I don't understand why there are people that feel the need to do so. It's a Goddamned phone, it's not politics (though I'm sure in some cases, it is businesss politics)... it's something I spent hard-earned money on, and feel that I have a right to use as I please along with my monthly payment to the service company that Apple chose.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It was a figure of speech, not to be taken literally.

You want to mod, fine, don't update, it's your right.

You want more features, like everybody else. I know nothing about programming, but there might be a reason why we don't have copy&paste or some other feature that you've been asking for right now. Nobody seems to wonder if it's even feasible at this stage. If it had been easy to provide it by a simple update, what kind of devilish reason is there for holding up on "copy&paste"? (When an update comes up that gives you a functionality that you've been asking for, don't COMPLAIN that you can't do it because it would wipe out your precious modding).
Maybe you are looking for solutions, but most other people here just COMPLAIN and are not capable of looking for solutions.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
How did Copy/Paste get thrown in to this? You leave them alone, what did they ever do to you?

There there copy/paste, you go back to your own thread. What's that? It's too hot in there?

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Nobody seems to wonder if it's even feasible at this stage. If it had been easy to provide it by a simple update, what kind of devilish reason is there for holding up on "copy&paste"?
I agree with this, I'm not even sure exactly how Apple is going to implement it, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to select text using your finger. Maybe a toggle button on the keyboard allowing you to select? Either way, it DOES require extra programming, and I'm sure it's in the works.

The problem I see is that Apple is more interested in making money implementing a MUCH MORE COMPLEX music store on your phone than doing something relatively simple such as copy/paste. But even then, I'm not going to decry Apple for taking advantage of the competitive marketplace, I'm just going to express my opinion.

I know there ARE people that make whining, complaining irrational posts about how Apple doesn't care and how they hate their phone, and that take this thing wayyy too seriously... but I'm not that person, and I didn't appreciate your reply to my post as if I was. Simple as that.

Shades of grey, my friend. Not everything is black and white.

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
How did Copy/Paste get thrown in to this? You leave them alone, what did they ever do to you?

There there copy/paste, you go back to your own thread. What's that? It's too hot in there?
No! Come back! He doesn't know what he's talking about! I'll make a better home for you than this loser! They hate you there, you have friends here!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I would like C&P like everyone else, naturally, and like everyone have wondered why it's missing in action for the iPhone. I come up with two reasons, one is security and the other is patents.

WindowsCE/Mobile uses a Tap and Hold methodology for their contextual sub menus for Copy/Cut/Paste and so on. In a nut shell, I would assume this tap and hold method falls under Microsoft's many patents for how you would interface with a touch screen driven device. Microsoft are not Xerox.

The other conclusion I came to was security, and how having a global clipboard could compromise the iPhones defenses. I would imagine the recipient could get infected by an attachment, or a link to a site that can push something into the clipboard which can cause ill affects in other programs intentionally. Where theres a will, theres a way, and to think of how much data that can be mined from a single iPhone is of huge monetary value to an eCriminal, they gotta pay bills and eat too!

B

bschizz

Even 80,000 people had modded their phone, which I doubt (most of them wouldn't know how), it still would leave more than a million who didn't and love their iPhone just the way it is. Those are the majority.

"Early iPhone owners are overwhelmingly happy with their devices...In one of the first such studies, 90% of 200 owners said they were "extremely" or "very" satisfied with their phone. And 85% said they are "extremely" or "very" likely to recommend the device to others"
"Even 80,000 people had modded their phone, which I doubt (most of them wouldn't know how), "

Are you really that dense? How are YOU able to determine how many people are capable of modifications? Really, how difficult is it to click "Download," wait about 30 seconds, then click "install?" You and the original poster need to wake up. The planets do not revolve around either of you dimwitted, illogical fanboys.

"it still would leave more than a million who didn't and love their iPhone just the way it is. Those are the majority. "

Since you are exceptionally talented at speaking for the entire iPhone community, please determine how many iPhone owners are currently completely satsified with their phone, and don't want to see any updates or added feature from Apple (or other parties if Apple will ever stop being so Draconian). I think you will find (and likely remain in denial about) the majority of iPhone owners that are holding their breath for countless updates and added features they *expect* from Apple. The iPhone is not perfect in its current state; it is a work in progress. A progress that Apple has decided to intentionally slow to a crawl.

""Early iPhone owners are overwhelmingly happy with their devices...In one of the first such studies, 90% of 200 owners said they were "extremely" or "very" satisfied with their phone. And 85% said they are "extremely" or "very" likely to recommend the device to others"

I wonder how many of these owners were happy BECAUSE of the modifications they were previously able to do without shady retribution from Apple. I wonder how many of these owners would be HAPPIER if third party applications weren't being directly threatened by Apple. You don't take that into account, and you likely never will, because you take your own feelings about the device and assume that everyone thinks in the same close-minded fashion that you do.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
"Even 80,000 people had modded their phone, which I doubt (most of them wouldn't know how), "

Are you really that dense? How are YOU able to determine how many people are capable of modifications? Really, how difficult is it to click "Download," wait about 30 seconds, then click "install?" You and the original poster need to wake up. The planets do not revolve around either of you dimwitted, illogical fanboys.

"it still would leave more than a million who didn't and love their iPhone just the way it is. Those are the majority. "

Since you are exceptionally talented at speaking for the entire iPhone community, please determine how many iPhone owners are currently completely satsified with their phone, and don't want to see any updates or added feature from Apple (or other parties if Apple will ever stop being so Draconian). I think you will find (and likely remain in denial about) the majority of iPhone owners that are holding their breath for countless updates and added features they *expect* from Apple. The iPhone is not perfect in its current state; it is a work in progress. A progress that Apple has decided to intentionally slow to a crawl.

""Early iPhone owners are overwhelmingly happy with their devices...In one of the first such studies, 90% of 200 owners said they were "extremely" or "very" satisfied with their phone. And 85% said they are "extremely" or "very" likely to recommend the device to others"

I wonder how many of these owners were happy BECAUSE of the modifications they were previously able to do without shady retribution from Apple. I wonder how many of these owners would be HAPPIER if third party applications weren't being directly threatened by Apple. You don't take that into account, and you likely never will, because you take your own feelings about the device and assume that everyone thinks in the same close-minded fashion that you do.
Are you capable of figuring out who or cannot modify their iPhone? I don't think so either. You don't know anymore than anybody else does.

It doesn't matter, the fact is that The Everything iPhone community is just a minute fraction of iPhone owners who, unlike us, completely enjoy their iPhone without obsessing about it.

That poll wasn't my poll either. I do have a day job and it's not polling.

B

bschizz

Are you capable of figuring out who or cannot modify their iPhone? I don't think so either. You don't know anymore than anybody else does.

It doesn't matter, the fact is that The Everything iPhone community is just a minute fraction of iPhone owners who, unlike us, completely enjoy their iPhone without obsessing about it.

That poll wasn't my poll either. I do have a day job and it's not polling.
"Are you capable of figuring out who or cannot modify their iPhone? I don't think so either. You don't know anymore than anybody else does. "

No, and I did not imply that I could, unlike yourself. So do us all a favor and STFU until you're capable of constructing a proper sentence.

"That poll wasn't my poll either. I do have a day job and it's not polling"

It's interesting that you state something as fact and when you get called out on it, you back away with "wasn't my poll." But if it supports your line of thinking, it MUST be true right? :rolleyes:

"the fact is that The Everything iPhone community is just a minute fraction of iPhone owners who, unlike us, completely enjoy their iPhone without obsessing about it"

There you go again sprinkling us with some of your omniscience and stating more "facts." Don't quit your day job.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
"Are you capable of figuring out who or cannot modify their iPhone? I don't think so either. You don't know anymore than anybody else does. "

No, and I did not imply that I could, unlike yourself. So do us all a favor and STFU until you're capable of constructing a proper sentence.

"That poll wasn't my poll either. I do have a day job and it's not polling"

It's interesting that you state something as fact and when you get called out on it, you back away with "wasn't my poll." But if it supports your line of thinking, it MUST be true right? :rolleyes:
5 posts here so far. You're doing good.

My grammar is at least as good as yours, even if it's not perfect, and I don't have the excuse of being an American. At least, I don't insult people like you do either when you run out of arguments. Maybe that makes me a better person :)? Rule#4 of this forum is not to use foul langauge:eek:. You just did. If I had to insult everybody here that doesn't use proper grammar, spells like a 6 year-old and knows nothing about punctuation and capitalization, I would have to quit my day job. :rolleyes: