Stop iTunes from Syncing Deleted Apps?

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
I have had quite a few amount of apps on my phone however, a few of them were deleted but iTunes still keeps syncing/installing them back on my iPhone every time I plug my phone in. Is there a way to delete the app from iTunes so it no longer syncs deleted apps back onto my phone?

Thanks.

BTW, the iPhone is my first Apple product and this is pretty much my first time using iTunes lol.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Just select the app in the Applications section of iTunes and press delete.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I would change the sync for apps to 'selected' and check the apps you want on the phone.

I would not delete them from the computer. They are small. And some of the apps that are free today will start to cost in the future and you will already have it.

I bought tuner for 4.99 and the price has already gone up to 5.99.

Get the free apps while you can and hang on to them.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
Thanks, now I have another problem lol.

I have a movie on my computer that I converted to mp4 just for my iPhone. However, after I transfered it to my phone, I want to delete the mp4 off my computer since I already have the .avi if I want to watch on my PC. However, iTunes deletes it off the iPhone when you sync since I no longer have the mp4 file on my computer. Is there a way to set it up so iTunes will never delete anything off my iPhone but just add onto?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Un check it in the sync area in iTunes and it will be left alone. This means you have to choose "select apps to sync"