Store App Icon displays 1 digit

ryancdc

Jul 19, 2009
My iPhone 32G s has a number 1 displayed on the App store icon. I have tried tapping the icon but seems to stay in Loading mode forever. What does the 1 mean on the Icon and how do i get rid of it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It means you have an update for 'one' of your downloaded applications.

If you power down your phone and turn it back on again, tap your app store icon and you get 5 different icons at the bottom of the screen. Tap the furthest icon on the righ handside 'updates'

You'll have to enter your iTunes PW then your phone will download the update then in theory your annoying little number 1 should vanish... until another update for any of your apps.

ryancdc

Jul 19, 2009
Thankyou John. I did as you said but when i tap on the App store icon it just sits in 'Loading' phase. I don't get the icons at the bottom that you discribed. Any fixes or shoud i restore and start again.?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Have you tried turning your phone on and off. Something as simple as switiching it off can clear little problems.

If you have done then i do suggest a horrible restore. I've had long loading applications as such but what your describing to me sounds a little weird.

Try a hard reset as well. Hold down your home button and power button until yout phone reboots.

ryancdc

Jul 19, 2009
Off..on..hard boot and to no avail. Its ok..if its going to happen it will happen to me lol.
Murphies Law.
Thankyou John. :)

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Update in iTunes then sync to phone

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
No need to restore. Sometimes the app store servers are busy and that happens. Give it time and you'll be able to update no problem. Or you can do as akaremo44 said and it will be gone.