Store Credit/Car Adapter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mabigwiz

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Me and my wife have our store credits. She needs a FM transmitter for her car. Is there one on teh Apple Store that works with the iPhone? I see they have the
Belkin TuneBase FM for iPod (Black)

or

Harman Kardon Drive + Play

or

Belkin TuneFM with Car Charger for iPod (Black)

Any help would be appreciated sense her old ipod one does not work

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Me and my wife have our store credits. She needs a FM transmitter for her car. Is there one on teh Apple Store that works with the iPhone? I see they have the
Belkin TuneBase FM for iPod (Black)

or

Harman Kardon Drive + Play

or

Belkin TuneFM with Car Charger for iPod (Black)

Any help would be appreciated sense her old ipod one does not work
You want to get a Griffen iTrip. The FM modulators that also charge the phone want you to put the phone in airplane mode (no service). If you don't that awful noise you here when a cellphone gets to close to a speaker will come through your cars audio system.

The iTrip does not charge and thereforee you can leave the phone in ormal mode and still get calls. When you get a call the music fades out. When you hang up it fades back in.

Don't get one that charges the phone also. You will not be happy with it.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
You want to get a Griffen iTrip. The FM modulators that also charge the phone want you to put the phone in airplane mode (no service). If you don't that awful noise you here when a cellphone gets to close to a speaker will come through your cars audio system.

The iTrip does not charge and thereforee you can leave the phone in ormal mode and still get calls. When you get a call the music fades out. When you hang up it fades back in.

Don't get one that charges the phone also. You will not be happy with it.
I'd have to disagree. I'm using the Griffin iTrip, and the interference when you don't put it in airplane mode is HORRIBLE! i use it in airplane mode just to get rid of the static.

I'd say the best way to go is the drive + play. Theres a thread in this forum that people confirm it works. Yes there may still be static with the FM, but if you connect it through the 3.5 line out i don't think there will be. I bought that with my store credit today so in a few days i will find out how well it works.