Store visit and new Generation iPhone

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
I went to 3 stores today 2 ATT 1 Apple. First store ATT i asked the rep if they were going to sell the phone as soon as they opened the doors? he said yes then i asked if there was going to be enough phones for every body he stated they were shipping out 3 mill phones ATT wants every body to have one, then I asked how about the data plan he said it was going to be $40 and stated thats how ATT makes it's money.

Second store Apple I asked the rep time of sell he stated at 6 pm they will close the store maybe at 4pm to get ready for 6pm, then i asked will it be activated at the store he stated he was not sure maybe it would be done by phone. so I said well it sounds like any body can just buy one and then sell it on e-bay he said I guess so. then I asked how many he said they would not be enough for every body.

Third store ATT not sure what time they are going to start selling it, also stated not enough for every body and also said he is telling every body to wait for the next generation iPhone that it will be faster is going to have 3G and get this its coming out in September. lol and data plan also $40.

It sounds to me no body knows anything!

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I went to 3 stores today 2 ATT 1 Apple. First store ATT i asked the rep if they were going to sell the phone as soon as they opened the doors? he said yes then i asked if there was going to be enough phones for every body he stated they were shipping out 3 mill phones ATT wants every body to have one, then I asked how about the data plan he said it was going to be $40 and stated thats how ATT makes it's money.

Second store Apple I asked the rep time of sell he stated at 6 pm they will close the store maybe at 4pm to get ready for 6pm, then i asked will it be activated at the store he stated he was not sure maybe it would be done by phone. so I said well it sounds like any body can just buy one and then sell it on e-bay he said I guess so. then I asked how many he said they would not be enough for every body.

Third store ATT not sure what time they are going to start selling it, also stated not enough for every body and also said he is telling every body to wait for the next generation iPhone that it will be faster is going to have 3G and get this its coming out in September. lol and data plan also $40.

It sounds to me no body knows anything!

No one knows sh*t..... its just a wait and see case.:mad:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
To me what I don't understand is Why force a data plan down our throats AND offer wifi. I know wifi is faster but they should make it optional.

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
The best use of anyones time is to avoid driving to an Apple or AT&T store where they are purposely being kept in the dark. It's no different that any other milestone product launch. Only the people at the very top level of Apple & AT&T are in the know, and bound by NDA's not to talk.

The 29th is not that far off. Then we will know. Anything sooner than that, one is simply kidding themselves.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I have a family plan with T-mobile I don't think i can break the phone numbers in to 2 separate ones,
If you get two phone numbers and two data plans, I'm sure they'll accommodate you. They'll be glad to get that minimum of $140/month for the next two years.

Don't worry; that's what I'll be paying for my family plan too.:(

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
I said at minimum.

Lowest FamiltyTalk plan = $59.99
Data plan X 2 = $80.00
Total = $140.00

:laugh2:
I was looking at the $109.99 plan, now lets face it you can not just buy an iPhone an not use it for what it was meant to do, so we are kind of held hostage as to what ever data plan they will offer.
Its like buying an airplane and only using it to drive around instead of flying it.

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
I was looking at the $109.99 plan, now lets face it you can not just buy an iPhone an not use it for what it was meant to do, so we are kind of held hostage as to what ever data plan they will offer.
Its like buying an airplane and only using it to drive around instead of flying it.
i don't think you get it.. i think he means if you cant afford the plan to utilize the iPhone like it is meant to be used, then maybe the iPhone is not for you. Save it for the folks who CAN afford the plan rather than purchase it to let it go to waste.

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
so we are kind of held hostage as to what ever data plan they will offer.
Held hostage? Why the victim mentality?

It's like buying an H1 Hummer and complaining about the gas mileage.

It's a choice, we all have the same choice. To be a victim and labeling yourself a hostage. Perhaps (I'm just guessing) some people enjoy or are comfortable when they choose to blame their choices on someone else.

The opposite choice is to be an owner of your decisions. To take responsibility and accept that you want an iPhone, and your are willing to pay for it.

It's a fact of life when one decides they want the benefits of a smart phone there is a price attached to that decision. Thus you are paying for the benefits. It's not as though you are not getting anything for your data dollar.

If one finds the price of admission too high there is always the choice to say no, and pass. No need for sour grapes and the victim script "whoa is me".

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
from the sound of it there are a lot of people that can not afford the phone and the plan, bottom line is we buy what we want not what we need. no matter what anybody is going to say or complaint about if the want the phone they have to take the good and the bad other wise there are a lot of people behind them on line waiting to get one.

IPhone_Chica

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I want an iPhone but I am having a problem with the pricing of this phone for the demographic that Apple is trying to reach. I also am getting angry at the comments made by some of the posters that seem to imply some sort of superiority complex. You shouldn't buy the iPhone if you have a problem with this..and comments like leave it for those of us who want them..What is wrong with the folks. At the end of the day it is simply a glamorized phone. The phone is overpriced but I would still buy it. Just don't like what it brings out in people.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
Held hostage? Why the victim mentality?

It's like buying an H1 Hummer and complaining about the gas mileage.

It's a choice, we all have the same choice. To be a victim and labeling yourself a hostage. Perhaps (I'm just guessing) some people enjoy or are comfortable when they choose to blame their choices on someone else.

The opposite choice is to be an owner of your decisions. To take responsibility and accept that you want an iPhone, and your are willing to pay for it.

It's a fact of life when one decides they want the benefits of a smart phone there is a price attached to that decision. Thus you are paying for the benefits. It's not as though you are not getting anything for your data dollar.

If one finds the price of admission too high there is always the choice to say no, and pass. No need for sour grapes and the victim script "whoa is me".
Ok hostage was the wrong word what i meant to say was if they were going to offer a $40 $50 or even a $100 data plan if you wanted the phone bad enough you would pay it.