Store visit and new Generation iPhone

IPhone_Chica

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Why so much anger?

Sweetie I'm not angry im just trying to give you a little perspective. These sales associates couldn't take vacations that they had planned and things of that sort because of the demand for this product. That would frustrate me. I love the iPhone but my world no my life revolves around it. :cool:

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
Ok I can see that, yes I think I would be a little p*** if I had to cancel my vacation and the holiday weekend to deal with iPhone fan boys like you call them:laugh2:

Cantwait4iPhone

May 6, 2007
United States
I went to 3 stores today 2 ATT 1 Apple. First store ATT i asked the rep if they were going to sell the phone as soon as they opened the doors? he said yes then i asked if there was going to be enough phones for every body he stated they were shipping out 3 mill phones ATT wants every body to have one, then I asked how about the data plan he said it was going to be $40 and stated thats how ATT makes it's money.

Second store Apple I asked the rep time of sell he stated at 6 pm they will close the store maybe at 4pm to get ready for 6pm, then i asked will it be activated at the store he stated he was not sure maybe it would be done by phone. so I said well it sounds like any body can just buy one and then sell it on e-bay he said I guess so. then I asked how many he said they would not be enough for every body.

Third store ATT not sure what time they are going to start selling it, also stated not enough for every body and also said he is telling every body to wait for the next generation iPhone that it will be faster is going to have 3G and get this its coming out in September. lol and data plan also $40.

It sounds to me no body knows anything!

The Apple store part is exactly what I heard from my Apple store. The rep said that they would close at 4 P.M. to get ready for a 6 P.M. launch, so I guess I will go with that and be there at noon or so.

Maybe the Apple stores will have some kind of special event and start selling at 6, while the AT&T stores just sell at the time they open.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
The Apple store part is exactly what I heard from my Apple store. The rep said that they would close at 4 P.M. to get ready for a 6 P.M. launch, so I guess I will go with that and be there at noon or so.

Maybe the Apple stores will have some kind of special event and start selling at 6, while the AT&T stores just sell at the time they open.
So why not just go to an ATT store.:laugh2:

ATTingular

Bronze
May 27, 2007
Ok I can see that, yes I think I would be a little p*** if I had to cancel my vacation and the holiday weekend to deal with iPhone fan boys like you call them:laugh2:
Reps that asked for time off before the blackout was announced are still okay to go on vacation. It's only the people planning stuff, but who hadn't asked for the days off before the blackout, that had to change plans.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
Reps that asked for time off before the blackout was announced are still okay to go on vacation. It's only the people planning stuff, but who hadn't asked for the days off before the blackout, that had to change plans.
Are reps able to get the iPhone?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
i don't think youll have to pay the service fee unless you use cingular's internet. if this is true then you can sit in a mcdonalds parking lot and use their FREE wifi.
Yeah, that's the main problem, I think. If I want internet, I'll use my wifi at home, or somewhere else, or if I have to, I can use the pay per use feature. I certainly don't want to be forced to buy a data plan when I only plan to use the wi fi.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
Yeah, that's the main problem, I think. If I want internet, I'll use my wifi at home, or somewhere else, or if I have to, I can use the pay per use feature. I certainly don't want to be forced to buy a data plan when I only plan to use the wi fi.
Pay per use can get expensive.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well if you want it, you'll have to pay for a data plan. I know you don't want to be forced, but they have to maximize their return on investment.

mjsteve2

Jun 12, 2007

see, AT&T/cingular wants to maximize their profits. so the wifi capability definitely will not work if you do not purchase a data plan. so in a sense you have to purchase a data plan for the phone to work properly. they arent just gonna give you wifi capabilities when they can make money off of data. they would be stupid to do that. they want money, and they want to deal with people that have money to spend. and thats that. we all know edge isn't the fastest, but if we want the iPhone to work properly then thats what we have to deal with.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
see, AT&T/cingular wants to maximize their profits. so the wifi capability definitely will not work if you do not purchase a data plan. so in a sense you have to purchase a data plan for the phone to work properly. they arent just gonna give you wifi capabilities when they can make money off of data. they would be stupid to do that. they want money, and they want to deal with people that have money to spend. and thats that. we all know edge isn't the fastest, but if we want the iPhone to work properly then thats what we have to deal with.
I understand, but Jobs said it would pick up a wifi signal if there is one, and AT&T can't do anything about that, wi-fi is an iPhone feature, not an AT&T feature. But I understand what you're saying about them wanting to make money. I guess only time will tell.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
They know every body wants one they can pretty much charge anything for voice/data service, hey what if we say we will stand in front of the store for 24hrs until you lower the price...
Oh wait we are already doing that just to get the phone.......dammm.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
They know every body wants one they can pretty much charge anything for voice/data service, hey what if we say we will stand in front of the store for 24hrs until you lower the price...
Oh wait we are already doing that just to get the phone.......dammm.

I am NOT obsessed enough with the phone to be forced into a data plan. If they tell me I HAVE TO subscribe to a data plan, or sign some sort of data plan contract, I will more than likely NOT be buying it.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
I am NOT obsessed enough with the phone to be forced into a data plan. If they tell me I HAVE TO subscribe to a data plan, or sign some sort of data plan contract, I will more than likely NOT be buying it.
Thats the point if you don't want it there are a lot of people who do.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Thats the point if you don't want it there are a lot of people who do.
Oh, I want it.... I just don't wanna be FORCED into it, if 6 months down the road I don't need or want it anymore, I can't have it removed from my bill. That's retarded. That's why I honestly think they will not force this on us.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
Oh, I want it.... I just don't wanna be FORCED into it, if 6 months down the road I don't need or want it anymore, I can't have it removed from my bill. That's retarded. That's why I honestly think they will not force this on us.
You might have a point there, how ever what are we going to do if the wi-fi option is not available unless you have some kind of plan but again everything is es peculation at this point.