Straight...Painful.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IceTrAiN

Bronze
My iPhone was delivered to ATT at 10:16am. I refreshed the tracker page(for the 10th time this morning) at 10:18am. Picked up my iPhone from AT&T at 10:25am. Now I have to wait until 5pm before I can activate the damn thing because I can't install iTunes on my work computer! *CRY*

Bonus followup question: I don't have AT&T service at my house(which doesn't bother me because I'm never there) but will the activation still work if I don't have service or will I have to do it at a friends house? o_O

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
My iPhone was delivered to ATT at 10:16am. I refreshed the tracker page(for the 10th time this morning) at 10:18am. Picked up my iPhone from AT&T at 10:25am. Now I have to wait until 5pm before I can activate the damn thing because I can't install iTunes on my work computer! *CRY*

Bonus followup question: I don't have AT&T service at my house(which doesn't bother me because I'm never there) but will the activation still work if I don't have service or will I have to do it at a friends house? o_O
I'm pretty sure it will, I think the activation is done 100% over the internet, with the phone plugged in to the computer.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I'm pretty sure it will, I think the activation is done 100% over the internet, with the phone plugged in to the computer.
I believe the activation is completed via the Internet; however, you DO receive a confirmation txt msg on your iPhone stating that activation has been completed. I don't know if that msg is mandatory for full completion or not (I doubt it).

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I believe the activation is completed via the Internet; however, you DO receive a confirmation txt msg on your iPhone stating that activation has been completed. I don't know if that msg is mandatory for full completion or not (I doubt it).
I don't think I got one of those. lol

SuperDodge

Jun 24, 2007
Greenville, SC
You only get a text message if your activation is delayed for some reason.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I work for a bank so everything is on lock down, so basically both. ;)
No service at your house and you still bought one? That's wanting one pretty bad. You will get a text message, but it's not anything you need to respond to. What's more important is the email that says that your phone has been activated. Then you'll be able to continue the activation process through iTunes and sync your music, contacts, and calendar.

Good luck!