Straight to voicemail while on web.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
So maybe everyone knew this but me. I knew that I could not surf the web while being on a call, but I assumed that if I was on the web, and a call came in, that I would get some kind of notice that a call was coming in, giving me the choice to switch over to the call...but no!

If I am killing time on everythingiPhone.com while I am waiting for a call, I'm screwed...straight to voicemail.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
da drop why would you say something like that? Because he didn't post a link? or answer the question? Your not doing that either.

If you are on edge it will go right to voice mail. If you are using wifi you will have the option to pick up or dismiss call.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Hopefully this will be fixed with improvement of the EDGE network and/or operating system.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I've answered many phonecalls when using edge. I think since its only on when you are loading a page, right when that page is full the call will come through.... I should test calling while streaming a video or something large that will constantlybe using edge.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
yup, I just tested after reading this on another thread adn reporting it did not affect me using Edge. In fact it is only when loading a page as the bluw bar is moving across the URL that a call did not come through. Also it seems when constantly involved as with thte animated weather radar the call did no† come through, but when a page was loaded and i was just reading it, then the call did come through. Either way, this is not too cool.

SCHMEGGA

Jul 2, 2007
I've answered many phonecalls when using edge.....

I had read this post several days ago and thought, hmmmmm I could swear I had been interrupted by a call on occasion when surfing with EDGE. Lo and behold in the last few days, I have been interrupted multiple times while on the EDGE on the golf course surfing while waiting for the hacks in front of me to get off the green. So I can indeed state that it is true.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I had read this post several days ago and thought, hmmmmm I could swear I had been interrupted by a call on occasion when surfing with EDGE. Lo and behold in the last few days, I have been interrupted multiple times while on the EDGE on the golf course surfing while waiting for the hacks in front of me to get off the green. So I can indeed state that it is true.
Technically when a page is loaded and you are just reading it you are not "using" EDGE. The only time you are "using" EDGE is when pages are loading or email is downloading or being sent. Calls will NOT come through during these processes as EDGE is not capable of doing such. If you are reading email or a webpage and it is "idle" calls will come through.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Technically when a page is loaded and you are just reading it you are not "using" EDGE. The only time you are "using" EDGE is when pages are loading or email is downloading or being sent. Calls will NOT come through during these processes as EDGE is not capable of doing such. If you are reading email or a webpage and it is "idle" calls will come through.
This is just not correct--in my personal experience.

Just last night, I was sitting in "Transformers" (which my wife dragged me too--ugh!) and was actively surfing Ebay with her phone. Yes, the page was loading, yes the blue bar at the top was advancing when suddenly a call came in, in the typical fashion: I had the option to ignore the call or answer it.

Odd that some of us are experiencing one thing and others are experiencing something different.

Rumpelgeist