Strange Bar on Video

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bluelynx

Jul 23, 2007
Houston
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out this problem.

So I converted a video from an avi file using Videora iPhone converter. I have been using it to convert all my movies, never had a problem until now. After the conversion, the file plays fine in iTunes and also using Windows Media Player Classic and Quicktime. It is an .mp4 file so it plays on my iPhone but it has this strange bar of color on the side. The bar also flickers and wont go away at all. Even when I tried a soft reset of the phone(holding the power and home button).

I have attached a few pictures of the bar and then a video that doesn't have the bar. Sorry for the blurriness, camera sucks.

Now I have tried deleting and then re-syncing but it still shows up. I am really confused as to why it is only showing up on the iPhone and not in any other application or video player.

The only thing I can think of is that this particular video's dimensions are not like the other videos I have. The others have a width of 270 at the most. This file's width is 288 and that is the only thing out of the ordinary.

Any ideas?

Attachments

Jul 21, 2007
I just had this issue today with High School Musical 2. The movie has a weird bar appearing to the side and it's never happened to any video i've ever converted in the couple of years i've been doing it.;

bluelynx

Jul 23, 2007
Houston
I just had this issue today with High School Musical 2. The movie has a weird bar appearing to the side and it's never happened to any video i've ever converted in the couple of years i've been doing it.;
Was the bar just on the video while on the iPhone? Or did it show up in iTunes or Quicktime too?

bluelynx

Jul 23, 2007
Houston
So I figured out what the problem was. Apparently it was the height of the video was too large. The video was 288 and the iPhone only supports 280.

I converted it using quicktime to iPod video format 320x240 and it plays fine now.