strange battery problem

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
Yesterday I used my phone for most of the day, the battery was full for the whole day. Then around 11 PM the battery was still full. Then all of a sudden the phone died and I had no battery just like that. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I had a similar occurrence once. When I updated to the 2.2 FW (I think it was that one), the first power cycle didn't show and battery decrease all until I suddenly got a 10% remaining warning. Until that warning, I was amazed at how the FW update really did have a significant increase in batter life, lol.

If you recently upgrade FW, I wouldn't worry about it. If not, just try to restart the phone daily (if you aren't already) and see if that helps.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
yeah, a while back i had just upgraded (i forget which update it was) and my battery seemed to be full all day. and at first i had thought that maybe the update improved the battery life or something, but then i had rebooted the phone later that night and found out that the battery life was maybe around 20%

i guess the meter was just stuck or something and hasn't done that since..

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Happened to mine as well, I had been on 2.2.1 for a while though when it did

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Same here. I noticed it when I would leave work with a full battery and get home with a dead phone several times. I have since then exhanged it for other issues (dropped calls and gps) and haven't noticed any problems.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
yup, i knew something was wrong tho when my battery was full all day and night, hasn't happened sense tho

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
So im not the only one in this boat. My battery seems to be working fine. Its strange because I updated my firmware a while ago but it never happened after I updated until now.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
So im not the only one in this boat. My battery seems to be working fine. Its strange because I updated my firmware a while ago but it never happened after I updated until now.

Just curious are you jailbroken?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I've had the same problem on 3.0b2. It's a daily problem. Usually one reboot will fix it.

BTW - Checked out your flickr account. Amazing pictures. I liked them all.