Strange behavior on lock screen

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by silvermoon, Jan 4, 2015.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

The other day I turned off the screen as I usually do to conserve battery power but this time I could not get back into my phone. I was asked to enter my code to unlock the phone instead of using touch ID because the first time you power on the phone, you have to enter a code. I think it is annoying that you can't just use the touch ID all of the time to unlock your phone. Anyway, sorry about going off on a tangent, so I am trying to unlock my phone and none of the key presses are registering on the screen when I press a number. My initial thought is that my fingers have grease on them or they are dirty and so the capacitors are unable to pick anything up. At this point, I'm trying to press harder on the screen to see if that makes any sort of difference. It doesn't. After exhausting what I think was all possible options, I forced the phone to reboot by holding the power button and the home button at the same time.

Have you experienced this issue or any similar issue with the lock screen? If so, what can you do if your phone does not want to unlock?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A hard reset is quickest way to fix it. I've experienced rare glitches like that on most of my iPhones. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's frequent. If it continues to happen, you'll need to do the standard troubleshooting.
    1. Hard reset
    2. Reset all settjngs
    3. Restore from backup
    4. Restore to factory

3. alicepattinson

Bronze

Yeah it also happened to me. It keep on keeping crashing. :(

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Why am I not surprised?

Your post reminded me of a lyric in a song that I like:

5. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Sounds like your phone reset after you turned it off. That would make it necessary to enter your unlock code manually instead of using TouchID.