Strange behavior on my battery

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by silvermoon, Aug 20, 2014.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I was running a test to see if there is an issue with the battery properly draining. I noticed that the standby and usage time are the same. I put the phone to sleep for five minutes and the standby and usage time increased five minutes.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1408513724.524583.jpg

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I saw someone with that and they fixed it by cleaning the USB charging port. It definitely should not show the same.

3. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I restarted my phone and closed all open apps. It's not reporting any battery usage or standby time. Do I need to drain the battery? I'm wondering if I have to charge it again to see if the battery is back to normal.

4. The Doctor11

The Doctor11 Guest

That might mean something is running somewhere on your phone. I think a good restore should fix it.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You need to charge it to 100% and then avoid charging it at any point during the usage cycle if you want to see usage statistics. Do that first. If it continues to report erroneous usage data, let it drain down and power itself off and then repeat step one.

6. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

It's not reporting any erroneous data. The battery life is a lot better than I expected.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1408708864.945528.jpg

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Yeah, that looks good. But it's hard to compare, not knowing what you do on your phone and for how long. If you played videos, streamed music and played Asphalt 8 during that 4.2 hours usage, I'd say it's great. If it's mostly using the eiC app, iMessages and a few emails, I'd say it's about right. One thing your screen shot tells me, is that you don't use your phone as much as I do. But I imagine you're on your computer a good bit. It's all phone with me for now.

8. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

You're right about my phone usage. I mostly use the computer more than I do my phone. I've streamed a few videos. That is about it.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Sometimes it just needs to be rebooted or calibrated to start reporting more accurate usage statistics. It sounds like that was the case with yours. It's fairly common.